“Mooresville staple”

Pie In The Sky Pizza
Ranked #51 of 285 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I've been eating Pie in The Sky for a couple of years. This is one of my favorite pizzas in town. I don't eat in just because it's so close to my house. We don't order delivery from the big pizza places. I'd rather eat a frozen pizza! It's worth throwing on some shoes to go pick up. The signature crust burn on the outer edge is a must. The ownership is always so friendly. They make every customer feel needed and wanted. I'm a big believer in supporting local business. Why pay the big boys for something sub par when a much superior product can be had for the same price local. The salads are great too. My only small complaint is they aren't open on Sunday. Sunday night seems to be when we don't wanna cook. Since its family owned and ran I understand everyone needs a day off so no biggie. Keep up the good work and great pizza Tim!

Reviewed November 5, 2010

Ok, yes, I admit it; we went to Pie In Sky because this is the place Dale Earnhardt, Jr said was is favorite pizza. It is not like what you may expect. First, it's hidden on main street Mooresville down the hallway of one of the buildings, way off the street. The menu is a straight forward old school, family pizza place. There is no evidence Jr is a regular, aside from a signed picture of one of his cars on the wall. The majority of the people there are local, with the occasional Dale Jr fan, hoping to get a glimpse.

So, how's the pizza? I liked it. It brings me back to home cooked pizza my mom used to make out of the box. Not quite high school cafeteria, but still comforting in its own way. They also had homemade cake (orange for me, it was my birthday weekend) which I enjoyed immensely.

1  Thank GoodFood88
Reviewed June 10, 2010

This week is their 24th anniversary so they are giving customers 20% off. I had a hankering for a thin crust pizza. Their standard crust is not that thin. I called in the order and asked for it to be thin crust. Oh my, this is the best best best standard pizza I have had in the Carolina's by far. All the ingredients were fresh, service was quick and the crust was indeed thin.

Reviewed January 23, 2009

I haven't visited Pie in the Sky Pizza in quite some time. I have eaten there in the past. This is a small place in downtown Mooresville and kinda hard to find if you don't know where to look, so ask around.
I find it a bit pricey for what you get. However, what you get is extremely Good! The salads are great too! Give this place a try and I think you won't be disappointed. The pizza has really a unique taste and a thin crust. I don't know Tim, but this is really a quaint little pizza place. I am sometimes harsh on reviews in my own hometown, but this guy deserves your business. He has been here for years and has had to compete with all the fast food pizza places and he still survives so he must be doing something right!

1  Thank whatsyummy
Reviewed October 18, 2008

Tim makes the best pizza I've ever had, service with a smile, They sure don't know how to make pizza in my home in Nebraska. (Tim, open a franchise here :) )

1  Thank pooeybear