“Rip off - during rainstorm”
Review of The Lazy 5 Ranch

The Lazy 5 Ranch
Ranked #1 of 44 things to do in Mooresville
Reviewed July 12, 2009

As a frequent visitor to the Lazy 5 they have lost a customer and I will spread the word to everyone I know. We went for a visit on Thursday July 9th, 2009 and after we had already entered we had a torrential rainstorm. We were booked for a wagon ride with 2 very small children . Since they do not give refunds we were hoping to at the very least for a raincheck so that we could come back the following day. We were refunded our wagon ride money but were told we could not get the admission price back. So for 6 people it basically cost us $40.00 to stay for 15 minutes and we saw nothing because of the storm. At the very least they could sell rain parkas so people would not get soaking wet or give a raincheck out.

5  Thank chrstychrs
"at your own risk"
"animal food"
"goat"

Reviewed March 30, 2009

Oh my gosh, where have they been hiding this place? Why don't they advertise more? I accidently found it.

This place is unbelievable and amazing!!!

1  Thank parker4u2
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I had seen the other reviews and thought we give this a try, as we were staying close by. We had a lot of laughs and a great time. The animals are way overfed, and some are aggressive for food, but you definitely get up close with them. My kids (15, 13, 11) all had fun, and enjoyed the variety of animals. Be sure to get out of your car and walk around the exhibits inside the front gate area, where the birds, camels, kangaroos, lemurs, etc. are. Lazy 5 was very well maintained (except restrooms) and the animals looked healthy and well cared for. Make sure to get animal food at the gate, but hold on tight to it, or the animals will knock it away. Be patient when driving, and enjoy the beauty of the land. Also, don't honk your horn! Skip the horse ride and drive yourself. Small children may get scared. Also, ice cream from snack shack was wonderful! Great place!

1  Thank shwebs
Reviewed August 12, 2008

I come from the city so to see any animal this close up is a great experience! This place has 700 animals and its seemed like we saw many of them. It is essential to buy a $3.00 feed bucket as you will have tons more fun if you do. The map said you are not supposed to feed the zebra so I would not rely on the earlier reviewer. The animals will walk right up to your window or stop in front of your car waiting to be fed. We fed goats, pigs, rams, buffalo, llamas, ostriches, and deer to name a few. I only saw the giraffes from a far but our car got pretty close to the huge rhino. You can get out of your vehicle at the end and walk around but the koi pond was in transition and I didn't see any lemurs. Guess I will have to go back again. I did a similar animal feeding/meet and greet at Busch Gardens and the San Diego Zoo which cost about $75-$100 per person so the Lazy 5 Ranch ($8.50 per adult) is a great bargain!!!!! To have such a place in North Carolina is an unexpected gem so if you are in the area, even staying in Charlotte then drive to this place because it really is a 'must see'.

3  Thank bostravelerBoston