“LOVE THIS PLACE!”
Review of The Lazy 5 Ranch

The Lazy 5 Ranch
Ranked #1 of 44 things to do in Mooresville
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have been to Lazy Five Ranch with my family, and also with my students from school. Absolutely love Lazy 5 Ranch. The children love the animals walking up to the buggy when we stopped, and it is so much fun to watch them eat out of their hands. They have a picnic area if you want to take a lunch, but there are several restaurants in the area also. Fun for adults and children.

1  Thank nayspay
"at your own risk"
"animal food"
"goat"

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband & I took our 4 grandchildren, ages 3 to 9, to Lazy 5 Ranch. There are plenty of animals to keep everyone entertained for several hours. Self-guided trails lead through lovely foliage, and you can take your time to see the birds and animals. When you enter Lazy 5, you are given a bucket of food pellets to feed the animals at the petting area. There are sheep, goats, emus, ostriches...just to name a few which are always "ready for a handout". A wagon ride is offered at a slightly higher admission price, and it lasts about an hour. There are plenty of animals to see during the ride. You need to call ahead to reserve your spot for this. I strongly suggest the wagon ride versus the drive-thru in your own vehicle. When you take the wagon, you will receive more food to feed the animals along the way, and you have a tour guide. There is a nice picnic area, one is covered and one is open-air. Playground equipment is in place for your children also. Our little ones, as well as my husband and I, enjoyed Lazy 5 Ranch. It is great for your family or for a field trip for a larger group. On the downside, restrooms are not centrally located. All in all though, I recommend Lazy 5.

1  Thank blessed_lady43
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We took our grandson here last week and had the best time driving through the ranch! It was so exciting to see the animals up close in their natural environment! Word of advice: be cautious of the animals standing around the gate as you begin your drive. They know the deal, and will take the bucket of feed provided away from you before you even get started. :) Great fun!!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We took our grandchildren, ages 2 and 4, to the Lazy 5. Due to unplanned circumstances, we got there close to noon rather than 10 as planned. We ate lunch at the covered picnic tables, then used the portapotties. We had reservations for the 12:45 wagon ride, and were told to be at the barn at 12:30. It is $16 for adults for the wagon ride, and $11 for kids and seniors. The price includes a bucket of feed for every 2 people, which is plenty of food. We spent the extra time seeing the animals in the shady garden area and offering our extra bucket of feed that we purchased when we arrived. It was 1:03pm before they loaded us into our wagon. They had 4 wagons going at the same time and we had to wait for the earlier 4 to all return and unload before we could start. There had been debate about whether we should even do the wagon ride, but I was very glad we did. If the children had been strapped in their carseats, they would only have been able to see animals on one side of the car and wouldn't have been able to feed them. You can't get out of the car. Our wagon driver was very good about stopping in shady areas to let us feed the animals, and nearly all the children were able to feed emus, bison, deer, and see other animals up close such as a 3 day old piglet. The highlight was feeding a giraffe just inches away. I also had my phone fall on the ground when we were feeding the bison, and within minutes a guy on a 4 wheeler arrived, snatched it up and returned it to me. I was pretty embarrassed, but thankful. The driver did a good job telling us about the animals, where they lived naturally, and pointing out animals hiding nearby. The ride lasted an hour, and the children had a great time.

2  Thank Thea2
See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was a very long car trip to visit. (Almost 3 hours with 3 kids). I thought it was worth it. It's a safari that you can drive through but my van didn't get scratched, only dusty. The animals love food and can be aggressive so don't leave the windows all the way down. It was great at the end to park to visit the stables and other animals. For me, it's in the middle of nowhere, so plan on trying some local restaurants and maybe stopping at The Pit Stop for the kids. They played mini golf, go karts and arcade games. It was a good day trip!