“Nope. Never again.”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nope. Never again.”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This place is horrible. The animals were decent, but the workers, I wanted to smack in the face. Not one single employee we encountered was personable. The younger ones acted like it was a complete inconvenience to answer anything I asked. And the older woman at the gate taking payments......you apparently hate your job and I feel sorry for you. No, wait...I don't. Just find a new job. Let someone that enjoys animals and people take over for you. I hope so badly that you aren't the owner. I will never be back!

4 Thank Skibunny742

• Korean first
North Carolina
“Wonderful! Fun for Entire Family!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Well worth the money and drive! Great day trip with family. Animals were wonderful!! Very exciting and loved riding the wagon around. Staff was very friendly. Would recommend the wagon ride for sure. Dont wear clothing you dont mind getting some mud on because the water buffalo will slap some on you. Overall a great day!!!

Charlotte, North Carolina
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great day trip!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We returned to this fun family site this past weekend. We all enjoyed seeing the animals and feeding them. You do need to be careful of your car--horns can scratch cars up. But the photos and smiles on kids faces are worth the risk in our house. We had this happen once before when we let a buffalo get to close. Now we know to not try and feed them. The giraffes are amazing!

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Lots of fun!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

If you love animals and you're adventurous you'll love this place! The animals seem relaxed and happy. Very casual, laid back atmosphere. I just visited in Spring and tons of baby animals to see. The garden is gorgeous as well. I've taken visitors at least three different times. I've been to Lion Country Safari in Florida and this is much better. Close interaction with huge, beautiful animals! Not many places out there you get an experience like this. Very different than a zoo atmosphere

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great day activity!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was worried about how the animals where treated and did lots of reading to find that people tended to think they were taken care of well. The staff we interacted with were very friendly but I do wish there had been someone in the petting zoo or a few more signs. There was a "bird atrium" and we were unsure if we could go in - it was unlocked but we didn't want to trespass.

Things to know:
1- make a reservation if you want to ride the wagon. We didn't but managed to get on the 11:30am ride anyway so it worked out well. We had an hour to go around the petting zoo but could have easily spent more time in it.
2- Use your feed in the petting zoo b/c the wagon ride provides more!
3- Do not wear flip flops (I did)- its just too dusty and there are muddy spots plus I got food pellets in them.
4- Sunscreen and bug spray!
5- we took a diaper bag with us on the ride just in case we needed it plus little one ended up drinking water several times so I would carry water and place your bags under the center bench...other wise goats may eat it.

The wagon ride instructs you several times on how to treat the animals and I appreciated that. Our little one was 19 months old and loved it. He sat in dad's lap while I took pictures and he and dad feed the animals. Little one liked dropping the food to the pigs the best and watching the buffalo and giraffe. The buffalo were awesome as they stood there to be feed and were not shy about visiting the wagon.

Downside- we didn't get to see the macaws. Unsure if they just were not out or we somehow missed them.

The gift shop is cute. If you partake of ice cream skip the birthday cake flavor....it just wasn't that good I'm sure chocolate and vanilla would be fine.

Hint- our little one loves giraffes and if you want to be up-close so sit on the right side of the wagon to be closest to them.

You could easily spend 5-6 hours here with the playground petting zoo and wagon ride.