“Great day activity!”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great day activity!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was worried about how the animals where treated and did lots of reading to find that people tended to think they were taken care of well. The staff we interacted with were very friendly but I do wish there had been someone in the petting zoo or a few more signs. There was a "bird atrium" and we were unsure if we could go in - it was unlocked but we didn't want to trespass.

Things to know:
1- make a reservation if you want to ride the wagon. We didn't but managed to get on the 11:30am ride anyway so it worked out well. We had an hour to go around the petting zoo but could have easily spent more time in it.
2- Use your feed in the petting zoo b/c the wagon ride provides more!
3- Do not wear flip flops (I did)- its just too dusty and there are muddy spots plus I got food pellets in them.
4- Sunscreen and bug spray!
5- we took a diaper bag with us on the ride just in case we needed it plus little one ended up drinking water several times so I would carry water and place your bags under the center bench...other wise goats may eat it.

The wagon ride instructs you several times on how to treat the animals and I appreciated that. Our little one was 19 months old and loved it. He sat in dad's lap while I took pictures and he and dad feed the animals. Little one liked dropping the food to the pigs the best and watching the buffalo and giraffe. The buffalo were awesome as they stood there to be feed and were not shy about visiting the wagon.

Downside- we didn't get to see the macaws. Unsure if they just were not out or we somehow missed them.

The gift shop is cute. If you partake of ice cream skip the birthday cake flavor....it just wasn't that good I'm sure chocolate and vanilla would be fine.

Hint- our little one loves giraffes and if you want to be up-close so sit on the right side of the wagon to be closest to them.

You could easily spend 5-6 hours here with the playground petting zoo and wagon ride.

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Use the wagon!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Lazy 5 ranch is a great place for kids of all ages and adults! Whatever you do, do not drive in the park with your car. It will have spit and food all over it. Even know the wagon cost more it is SO worth it! You get to see more,they have nice tour guides, and awesome pictures!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank lake w
Hendersonville, Tennessee
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Day Adventure, especially for children!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We visited the Lazy 5 Ranch in Mooresville, NC while we were in Charlotte, NC for ballgames! This is our second visit, the last being approximately 5 years ago, about an hour from Charlotte. It's just the two of us, and we love visiting zoos and interacting with the animals. Well, this is a place to do just that!! It's a drive-through zoo, several acres of many types of animals....Herds of deer, llamas, pot-bellied pigs....and many animals not typically seen in the wild in our areas. The giraffe enclosure is great....the giraffes will come to you to see if you can feed them. This visit, we saw many new 'babies' among the animals. This is a place that children of all ages will love! The fees for entering are very affordable, and be sure to get your free bowl of food for feeding the ones that you are allowed to feed!!! Beware of leaving your window down - these animals are definitely spoiled......but fun! There is also a walking part of the zoo that children will enjoy for getting to pet some of the animals.

Visited June 2014
east coast
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Everybody loved it!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was more fun than we've had at much more expensive places! Even Dad (who said initially that he wasn't feeding anything-don't get me a bucket of feed) got into it and is still talking about it. Admission was paid in the Trading Post building. Staff was efficient. Not overly friendly, but not rude, either. The man tending to the giraffe who was going to be sold was very nice and informative. We drove through the ranch for about an hour, made a wrong turn, so we saw the rhino twice. There are herds of different animals (buy the guidebook-it is well worth the $3 or $5 can't remember) not just a couple of each, and the guidebook tells you all about the animals you see. There are too many to list! Peacocks and pea hens wander around the parking area. Driving through the ranch, the animals will surround your car and put their heads right in your windows to get the feed. Two stole our buckets, fortunately when they were almost empty. I was amazed that they were so used to people, but still looked like they were in THEIR home and you were their visitor. After the driving part, we parked and walked through the zoo area. That was as much fun because we have not been to a zoo that had kangaroos before. The place is in the middle of nowhere (I guess that makes sense) but well worth the trip. About 20 mins. from Salisbury. I learned that (1) zebras are bullies and (2) you can't say no to an emu--that face! I am amazed that this place is privately owned. I had never heard of it; found it on Trip Advisor and am so glad I did.

Visited May 2014
Hartsville, South Carolina
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“"Best Zoo Ever!!!"”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

My seven year old daughter said over and over "this is the best zoo ever!!!" as we drove through the ranch. It was so cool. The animals come right up to your car and even stick their heads inside. We will back for another visit soon!

Visited May 2014