“Fun, fun, fun!!!”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun, fun, fun!!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Kids LOVED it!!! A really great value. Crazy ostriches...haha. We really enjoyed the hayride and feeding the animals. Highly recommend!

Visited September 2012

• Korean first
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Animal Attraction (no pun intended)”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I took our 23 month old toddler to the Lazy 5 ranch this afternoon. You have a choice of either making a reservation to ride a wagon (additional cost) or to drive through a "safari" with your own vehicle. (At your own risk of course.) We chose to drive through at a cost of $20 for the three of us, and also purchased a bucket of animal feed.
The drive through was an almost surreal experience with animals such as zebras, emus, water buffalo, deer (enormous amounts of deer), pigs and the like. All of the animals seemed to know that we were there to feed them and had no problems approaching our vehicle; some even attempting to climb in the windows! Our toddler thought this was hilarious of course. Helpful tip for this portion of the trip: keep windows at least partially up unless you like animal slobber and booger!
After exiting the drive through area we parked in a shaded area and let our toddler play in the playground which wasn't huge by any means as it was only a big wooden ship, but was very interesting none the less. It allowed the little one to let of some steam before we walked through the petting zoo portion of the ranch. Which had a large variety of birds, (you name it, they seem to have it), turtles, donkeys, goats, horses, a camel...and lemurs! They also had koi ponds which were beautiful to see.
All in all we had a great time and more importantly, our little one was able to have an amazing experience with the variety of activities available to him. The only people who shouldn't go are ones who are super timid about animals; everyone else... what are you waiting for?

Visited September 2012
2 Thank lisa s
Durham
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This was an amazing experience. I felt like we were driving through a safari. The animals walk right up to your car. You have the option to buy a bucket of feed and to also tour on a wagon or drive through on your own. We chose to drive through since we had a young toddler in addition to our teenager. It was surreal to see the animals up close and to be able to touch them. We were able to take plenty of pictures. I would love to visit the ranch again.

North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I took my three boys to the ranch and it was quite an experience. We decided to do the wagon ride as opposed to driving. The boys got the opportunity to feed all of the animals. It was our first time doing something like this, so we weren't quite expecting to have wet hands from animals trying to eat from them but it was a one of a kind experience nevertheless. This is probably one of few opportunities that we will get to be so close to the animals and I am positive that my children will never forget the experience. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and made it easier to relax. Even though I'm not really the "outdoors" person, we enjoyed every moment of our adventure and the experience was priceless. I made sure to NOT let the boys touch ANYTHING once we got of the wagon until hands had been thoroughly cleansed.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Taki08
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Animals animals animals”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had a nice time at the Lazy 5 Ranch, didn't appreciate the animals sneezing on me so much, YUCK! Next time I will wear a hazmat suit!

Visited April 2012