“A Different Experience”
Review of The Lazy 5 Ranch

The Lazy 5 Ranch
Ranked #1 of 47 things to do in Mooresville
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Wow! Is the first word that comes to mind. I have been 3 times and I don't think I want to go anymore just because as an adult I have had enough. It is an amazing experience to be riding along side of buffalo. My son loves this place. He is very much into animals and he has pet every single thing they have there. The Bison, Girrafe, Zebras, etc.. I would not suggest doing any of that. He is 10 an a animal freak and Y.O.L.O. so why not I felt. It is his dream to be a zoologist so there was no stopping him. We took my in-law's and my MIL almost had a heart attack. It got bad. So enter with an open mind and have fun.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"at your own risk"
"goat"

Reviewed July 26, 2012

It was really a good experience with my 2.5 yrs old daughter. She really enjoyed the animals in real and when they are eating hte foods from our buckets.It was really a great experience and far much better than the NC Zoo where we were not able ot find the animals.Only one suggestion is that they shoudl put big hoarding at the entrance as it is very difficult to find out the entrance without it.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

really, really enjoyed our day out at lazy 5. I took 3 teens and was pleased that it was not just for toddlers here. We arrived on a cloudy day and so it was fairly quiet. One of the horses had just given birth, piglets had been born and there was a new baby lemur. Such a treat to be up close and personal with these animals! I recomend you take a picnic lunch and you take the carriage ride instead of driving through. You will be at eye level to the animals and no slobber in your car!
Can't wait to go again!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This animal park was clean, well kept and a great value. You can either ride through in your own vehicle or for a little more money ride through on a horse drawn wagon ride. There is also a petting zoo area too. Worth the money and the drive, a great day trip if you are from the Charlotte area or staying in the Charlotte area.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I've been to Lazy 5 several times and always enjoy it. The horse and buggy ride is a MUST. The animals eating out of your hand is such an awesome time for the kids and adults. I would definitely recommend avoiding driving your car through the park, as you can't get as personal with the animals and also risk the animals damaging your car. --- Oh, and bring some sanitizer for the kids cause the animals will slobber :)