“Awesome guacamole !”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harbor Point Village
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We ate here two nights in a row- the very best part is the guacamole! It is made table side and spiced according to your request. Both nights it was perfect! We also had the Queso fundido appetizer with all the ingredients which made us very full! I think I could come here and just make a great meal of their appetizers. We did have the filet, enchiladas and fajitas which were all good- the fajitas combo was the overall favorite. Menu is very upscale for a Mexican restaurant- lots of unique choices. The staff was very friendly and helpful- service good. Nice tequila choices- had the prickly pear margarita , which was good, but I prefer a little tarter drink.
Would definitely return on another trip.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Purchased a Groupon for Prickly Pear and redeemed it on a “first date”. Not only was the date a hit, but we also had some absolutely fantastic food and drinks. We started off with their salmon quesadilla, which was absolutely fantastic. We also tried out the black bean soup and roasted corn chowder, which were unbelievably delicious.
For entrees, we tried out the scallops and the lamb shank. Both were out of this world. We finished off the meal with a slice of cheesecake that was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal.
Overall, the staff was wonderful, the food was phenomenal and I will absolutely be back. This is a great addition to the Lake Norman area. For the price of the Groupon, you could not beat the value! Thumbs up across the board for Prickly Pear!!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We've been fans for years. For seafood try the Marbella. Filet des Visrey is a super steak and potatoes dish.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The location is on the lake which makes it a very nice place to eat. The Mexican food is somewhat gourmet, but I found it overly expensive.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I recently went and had great drinks, great food, and excellent service. I highly recommend the prickly pear margaritas and ten black bean soup!!