“Great food, beautiful view.”
Review of Prickly Pear

Prickly Pear
Reserve with OpenTable
Prickly Pear is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 267 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harbor Point Village
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food, beautiful view.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Visited the new location of the Prickly Pear on Lake Norman and wondered why I waited so long!The view of the lake is gorgeous and as always, the food was top notch. We shared the calamari which was delicious and I had one of the pork dishes as my entree. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was one of the best dishes I've had anywhere. Love this place and will be back soon!

1 Thank Jan S

cornelius, nc
“Not the same in any way! Our Experience was really terrible”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

So disappointed in the new location. Doesn't seem like the same restaurant at all. Blah decor, terrible, inattentive slow service and below average Mexican food. Nothing inventive or modern that we tried. Will NOT go back unless it goes back to the way it was at the church.

1 Thank jgptravels
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Still Good at new location”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I liked the original location better (except for the parking situation) but we still were able to enjoy our favorite menu items - the quacamole and the corn soup. I also really like the beef enchilada. The menu has changed but all of the dishes were good. Also had the Sunday lunch menu and the food was good, the prices reasonable and the portion just right.

1 Thank buster2000
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Great Quality of Food!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We really enjoyed the food here at Prickly Pear, the quality of food was excellent. The fajita meat was not fatty or chewy. The only complaint that some of our party had was the prickly pear margarita was a little too tart for their liking. All and all I would definitely recommend going there!

Portsmouth, Ohio
“Loved it!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a recent visit to the lake. We were very impressed with the food. The restaurant is a little tricky to find, on the ground floor of a condo/apartment complex next to another place (Vinny's). Other commenters have said that the portions were small, I didn't think so at all; I think we as consumers have just gotten used to gigantic portions. I was very satisfied at the end of my meal. I ordered the spice rubbed chicken, delicious, and my husband had the braised pork, he loved his. Our server I think was a bit new, he was just a little slow at answering questions about a couple items, but did make good recommendations. Overall I would quickly recommend this to anyone in the area.

Visited June 2013