All reviewsfront desksausageno meatdisney worldpartial wallsitting areadefinitely return to this hotelindoor poolhotel staffnice areanice hotelcomfortable bedsbreakfast attendantoatmealrooms are largedavidson collegeoff the highway
Reviewed March 26, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The front desk staff was extremely courteous and accommodating. I had a special request relating to a pet and guest services offered to call one of their sister properties to see if they could help me out. I was very impressed by the extra effort extended to me. In addition, I requested a late check out for the next morning and it was no problem at all. I simply needed to advise the time I was planning on leaving. The complimentary breakfast was nice, clean and organized. Lastly, I had some interaction with housekeeping and they too were very nice.
The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The lobby, pool, exercise room, and outdoor patio were extremely nice. I would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2018

I just finished my final stay at this property. I was here for about four months, give or take a week. My co-worker and I have both decided to end our stays at the properties managed by this Area Director, although each of us has been extended at least another four months at our local client. We will be moving to another property about 10 miles away. The traffic and headache of I-77 surpasses the headache of staying here, I'm afraid. I will get back to the negatives in a moment as there were most certainly some positives.

1. The associates all around the entire hotel were very pleasant, including the front desk, the morning breakfast area and the housekeeping staff.
2. The hotel is incredibly quiet for being so close to the highway. Not only are the windows excellent at filtering the noise but the doors shut quietly, therefore there is never a bang after bang of doors slamming all day/night. This is quite rare and a big plus. Not one time was I awakened during my stay due to noise.
3. The beds are on the higher end of the comfort spectrum. Are they Westin Heavenly Beds? No, but they are cosy and feel relatively new.
4. The room layout is nice, allowing you to separate your workspace from your evening space.
5. Although I didn’t eat breakfast most days, the spread was more than adequate, and the area was clean.
6. The price is well within the corporate standards for my client, especially for stays in excess of a week.

Here are the issues which drove not only me but my co-worker away. The Area Director was notified of these issues on multiple occasions, only to have an email returned more than a week later after a follow up email was sent. She was never onsite during the time I was in the hotel, so it was impossible to meet with her. Her responses were inadequate, and no compensation was provided for any of these issues other than a single 10,000 Marriott Rewards point posting in January.

During the months of January through March, the hotel experienced fluctuations in its water pressure in the shower. If was below average at best and on at least seven days, it was literally unusable as the pressure was down to a drip. I went into the office without a shower and those days were certainly embarrassing. Other than those seven days, there was a constant warm/very cold/super-hot pattern to the water temperature. The pattern was so predictable I knew when it was time to step back for the extremely hot water spray.

Other issues:

1. Any package delivered to the hotel in my name is held by the front desk but no notification to my room is ever placed. Furthermore, I had a package from amazon.com delivered one day at 11am in the hotel’s mailbox. It was still in the mailbox at 5pm this evening so I just took it out and up to my room. I got tired of having the person at the front desk look at me like I am crazy when I state a package has been delivered in my name, only to find out it is still in the mailbox. If this happened one time, I would call it a fluke, but it had happened on four occasions. The last time was on Valentine's Day where my wife sent me a package as a surprise. It was sitting at the front desk all day/night and nobody notified me. I had no idea anything was on the way and felt really stupid when my wife finally asked me if I received her gift. It did not make for a good night, trust me. Why is it so hard to spend 30 seconds to place a voicemail message to the room?
2. The taste of the water from the tap is horrible. I stayed at the Springhill Suites property in downtown Charlotte and it tasted fine there. The water tastes fine at my office, one mile away.
3. The water pressure issues I had already listed. The least you can do, and again this is in the name of customer service, is put a simple letter under our doors alerting us to the situation and what you are doing to remedy it.
4. Posting of Marriott Reward points for stays in excess of eight nights. We have gone back and forth on this and you have blamed Marriott Rewards. I have to call them each time to get the points properly posted. The latest Marriott Rewards representative contacted the Area Director to teach her how to correctly post points in these types of situations. They are currently sending the eight days, which is posting correctly, and then sending the full 13 days instead of just the last five days. Since the 13 days overlap the first eight, it is rejected. Every other Marriott Rewards property submits the long stays in a correct manner. Folks staying longer than eight days are recommended to check their Marriott Rewards points account very carefully.
5. There is no consistency from room to room on your amenities such as the quality of your television, the excessive noise of the exhaust fan in the bathroom, the stains on the couch, the stains on the rug.

I truly think most of these items can be mitigated by better Management and training in customer service. I am proud to have spent the last 16 years at Starwood and now Marriott properties as a Platinum. Both programs offer a consistent and superior product compared to any other chain. But, I’m afraid in this single situation, they have failed.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeFromSC
Beth C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Lake Norman/Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Let me start by offering my apologies as I was not aware that you wanted to meet with me as you never have mentioned it to me in person, via email or by phone. I arrive at one of the two properties by 7:30am each morning and am available anytime! I also would have been happy to schedule some time after hours if that fit better with your schedule, but again, I was unaware that you wanted to set up a time to meet. Also, after reviewing our previous emails, the only one noted where there was a delay was during a snow storm in January, which you were very understanding about at the time. My apologies for that, with it being a weather related issue I was kind of at the mercy of mother nature:)

I did credit the 10,000 points to your account for the water issue you had to endure while with us, again I apologize for this inconvenience. As the issue was sudden and has morphed into multiple problems with our energy saving tankless system, it is a somewhat complicated to explain in a guest letter. Just yesterday there were two plumbing companies, a rep from the actual tankless system corporation and our owner involved in the resolution process. I am aware of the inconvenience to you and every guest affected. The reasons for the breakdown of the system are many, which is why going through the details seemed excessive, I did however pass on that we were working with the right folks to resolve and was happy to issue you a rewards credit.

We do not have a set time each day that the mail is retrieved from the box. There is a process for our desk staff to follow upon retrieval of guest items, we will confirm with our staff that policy is being followed. Our apologies for any late deliveries you experienced.

I do hope you were able to have all of your points credited correctly for your stay. I was not 'blaming' the rewards desk for not posting correctly, I was simply suggesting that they could resolve the issue. As I explained before, it is an automated process in the system, we can not see it, alter it, or change it on property. That is a behind the scenes function in our system. I've never spoken with anyone at the rewards desk about a training process as there is not anyway to alter what happens from our end. I've not had this issue at SpringHill before and not at our extended stay property either, some of those guests have been staying there for years. I suggested contacting the rewards desk as I have found over the years for them to be very helpful at resolving any issue with points. I appreciate the training suggestion as I wish it were that simple, unfortunately, that is a process we can not alter from the property end.

I am glad to know that your experience with our staff as well as the noise level and comfort of the room were a good fit for you, and you are correct about the beds, they are new and sleep very well from what I hear! Thank you, for your feedback and suggestions. I appreciate you staying with us and appreciate your loyalty to Marriott!

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Hot water only worked off and on and still wasn’t fixed after multiple days. TV is old and doesn’t have an HDMI Port which isn’t a huge issue but annoying. Would be a higher rating if I didn’t get stuck in shower with shampoo in my hair and nothing but freezing water multiple times.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2018

Great room with a living room, small kitchen, comfortable beds, nice bathroom. Everything was clean and updated. Breakfast was great and straff was very nice. Walking distance to restaurants. Perfect for a business trip.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

There is a hidden gem in the breakfast room. Carlene is truly attentive, professional, she is aways has a smile and goes out of her way to help you during breakfast.

Thank you Carlene for making our stay amazing!!!

Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business