All reviewsfront desksausageno meatdisney worldpartial wallsitting areadefinitely return to this hotelindoor poolhotel staffnice areanice hotelcomfortable bedsbreakfast attendantoatmealrooms are largedavidson collegeoff the highway
Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

This was a very disappointing stay. The thermostat was stuck on 75 degrees all night, the coffee maker in the room did not work, and even though I'm Marriott Gold for life, the internet didn't allow us to add a 3rd device, even though it said I could have unlimited devices. Upon leaving I reported these issues at the front desk, and suddenly it was all my fault for not reporting them sooner. I'm sorry but at 2:30 in the morning when the room is hot and we're trying to sleep, I'm not interested in switching rooms or having a repair man come to the room. When at 6am the coffee maker is dead, my only interest is to go downstairs and get a cup of coffee. And when I did call the front desk about the internet, I was simply given a phone number to call. Next time we'll stay somewhere else, where things are hopefully working when we arrive.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Beth C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Lake Norman/Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

Thank you for your review, my apologies that your stay was not excellent! I am sorry if the front desk associate was not empathetic to your situation, I think she meant to relay that if we had just known about the issues we could have resolved very quickly!
The thermostat in the room is working properly, the fan to the unit was in the on position instead of the auto position, that causes the fan to continuously run but will not engage the compressor for the cool air. The Keurig coffee maker in the room is new and also working properly, there is a three minute delay on the water heating up. The directions are posted on the machine, however I understand it is not the traditional coffee maker. Again, apologies that these disruptions made your stay less than great!

We do hope you will give us the opportunity to make your next stay a flawless one on your next trip to Mooresville! Thank you again for your feedback and for being our customer!

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

We recently spent 4 nights here. Everyone was helpful and friendly...esp. Carlene and the other ladies who worked the breakfast room. Our room did miss getting cleaned one day, but no big deal. The front desk gave us fresh towels, and other things we needed. We had a nice stay!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2017

My family returned from a 6 day stay at your hotel last month. We were in town for my son’s wedding and had family and friends in approximately 40 of your rooms. Our room was clean and ready upon arrival and your housekeeper Katherine took very good care of us the entire visit. We were also very impressed with Jackie in the breakfast area and she kept everything under control especially with another wedding and a football camp staying in the hotel.
What was disappointing however, was the service we received from your front desk staff. Christine Patterson spoke with the mother of the bride, a few weeks before the wedding and offered to comp a room for 2 nights (Friday, April 28th & 29th) under my son’s name, since we had booked so many rooms for the wedding. My son checked in Friday afternoon only to be told there was no reservation for him. After some confusion, a handicapped room but was made available but he was told he must check out in the morning and another room would be made available on Saturday. When he and his new bride returned after the wedding Saturday night around 1130pm, they tried to check in but were told they did not have a room and the hotel was full. The front desk representative first argued with the bride (still in her wedding gown) and then, after making a call to a supervisor, informed them there was a room for them at the Towne Place Suites next door. The mother of the bride also spoke with Christine Patterson by phone that night and was told it had been her responsibility to book the room, which was NEVER discussed over the phone a few weeks earlier. When the mother of the bride asked Christine how she was supposed to book a comp room, Christine then admitted she had made a mistake.
On Sunday, I convinced my son and his bride to stay for one more night to visit with family and went to the desk to see if there were any rooms available. The front desk clerk told us there were rooms and what type did we want? She offered a queen, king or Jacuzzi suite. He opted for the Jacuzzi suite. When my son went to his room it was a regular room with no Jacuzzi. By that point, we didn’t want to deal with the front desk again as it seemed that they were not accommodating to the requests of the customer.
Many times during the weekend when assistance was needed, there was no one attending the front desk and I would have to wait until a person arrived. I recommend you consider installing a bell or ensure that a staff member is manning the desk at all times. I also recommend those employees manning the front desk receive training on customer service and etiquette.
It is unfortunate that these events occurred and tainted an otherwise pleasant stay. We booked your hotel because we appreciate the customer service, high standards, and quality associated with the name Marriott. Sadly, these attributes appear lacking at your establishment. I also wrote this in a letter to the hotel and corporate Marriott and have heard nothing in return.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Candy M
Beth C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Lake Norman/Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay in Mooresville! We were delighted to host your wedding guests and hope the day was a perfect one for the bride and groom!

My apologies for the confusion surrounding the reservation for the happy couple. It seems after speaking with our sales director, Christine, that it was unfortunately just a misunderstanding of the process. We do offer comp rooms for any group booking 20 rooms or more, however we don't physically make the reservations for anyone in the group at the hotel. We make the group block but then the guests are required to make individual reservations as they have to provide their personal information including a credit card number. Once the end reserve date has passed (usually 30 days prior to the group arrival), we evaluate if the group has qualified for any comp rooms, at that point we would change the rate to a complimentary rate on your chosen room, however that would be the only change the hotel would make to an existing reservation.
Christine did explain this to the group contact at the time of booking, it seems as though the group contact was still unclear about the process. Christine was very apologetic that there was a misunderstanding, although not hers, however she did the best she could to accommodate them at the time.
We host several hundred wedding groups each year and have never had an issue with individual bookings as it is the responsibility of each guest. Again, my apologies that there was a misunderstanding.

With that being said, please do know that we did our best to accommodate the couple with making sure they did have two comp room nights as well as issuing a credit to the rewards account.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you staying with us!

Reviewed May 17, 2017

We're a family of 5 who needed a stop-off point halfway between Pennsylvania and Disney World.
We wanted a clean modern hotel, accommodations for 5, short distance off the highway and a hot breakfast the next day.
This place delivered, plus there were extras like:
indoor pool
mini-shop that sells beer and snacks 24/7
bar
2 tvs in the room
friendly staff
super quick and easy check-in

Exactly what we wanted, and then some.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

The SpringHill Suites in Mooresville, NC is not just another hotel. . . the staff there makes you feel welcomed and at home. The G. M., Beth, makes a point of greeting guests and saying hello as she walks through the lobby. Her friendly attitude is reflected in ALL of the staff too. This attention to detail shows in the maintenance and upkeep of the rooms as they are always sparkling.

I travel each week to Mooresville and actually look forward to my stay at Springhill Suites knowing the experience will always be friendly and hospitable.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business