“Great hotel for our soccer team”

SpringHill Suites Charlotte Lake Norman/Mooresville
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Mooresville
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
“Great hotel for our soccer team”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our U-15 soccer team, a group of 35+ girls and parents, stayed in November. The staff was very helpful, allowing us to bring in dinner and use the "breakfast" area to serve and eat. The in-hotel bar was a great convenience for the parents. The rooms were spacious and clean. Younger siblings made good use of the indoor pool (too cold to be outside). The exercise room was small...not suitable for more than 2 people at a time, but that was the only downside.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stay at Marriott properties several times a year, due to being a Marriott Rewards member. But I have found the quality at the Springhill Suites brand to be inconsistent. I had hoped this would be an exception due to its proximity to Davidson college, but was again disappointed.

At check in, they are supposed to recognize my loyalty as a gold member, offer a free room upgrade if available, etc. (I know it's a bunch of hype, but that is what they promise). Instead, all they said was "we have your points on file". Not a great sign.

However, I am used to that. What really irritated me was that upon setting my bags down, I found hair in the tub and on the bathroom floor. The tile surrounding the bath was also gross and stained.

The bed was sagging and showing its age. The towels, like most Springhill Suites, were thin. We could hear the guy in the next room over when he was using his bathroom.

We used our 4G coverage so I cannot comment on their internet. I have found Mariott internet to be unreliable, so I always use my own aircard. The tv was fine.

The breakfast was the usual standbys: scrambled eggs from a carton, biscuits and canned sausage gravy, belgian waffle, oatmeal, cereals, etc. Certainly nothing special or creative there.

If the bathroom were at least clean I would have given 3 circles, but there is no excuse for hair in the tub when at a $100+/night hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Very nicely sized rooms. Although the television in the sitting area is very small, possibly the smallest I've ever seen in a hotel. But the rooms are big and comfortable. The pool is great for kids. Great access to Lake Norman and easy-enough to get to Charlotte--but you can do better for sure if the downtown Charlotte-area is your goal.

• Stayed October 2012
Virginia, Minnesota
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Beth, Drew and the staff of the SpringHill Suites made our visit to Racing City USA complete! We enjoyed all the recommendations of places to visit, but more importantly we were very impressed with the impeccable housekeeping and the attention to detail at all levels of the property. Breakfast was great!!

Thank you Beth and Drew!
Jim

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

If you ever have to come to Davidson stay here. No complaints on this property at all. It seems very new and modern and has all the ammentities.

Newer tvs plenty of parking and plenty of options to eat right next door.

• Stayed August 2012
Rockport, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I would have given 5 bubbles if the question would of said overall of staff!! They were really so helpful. The property itself could use a little work..it took my water forever to get warm and thats all i got was warm! The internet was less than good and the pool was not to pleasing. But the housekeeping lady Tammi really made a point to help me into my room. When i arrived Ladona at the front desk let me check in early and made no fuss about it then after i got settled in I was very hungry and as I have never been to Moresville i wasnt sure where to go I stopped by the desk to get some opinions ..again Ladona was so helpful she told me about this great place called Vinnies where you look at the water as you eat your dinner! It was great. When i returned she seemed geniunely concerned as to whether i enjoyed my lunch.. Ithought it was very sweet of her to remember me from earlier. Now on checkout day I approached a new front desk lady her name was Anna she was fantastic as well she helped me with directions and with printing my boarding pass. Now as anyone who travels knows it is very rare to find multiple great people at 1 facility so Springhill is definantly a jewel!! I will most definantly be returning here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Attended our nieces wedding in June at The Point Lake and Golf Club in Mooresville. This hotel was the closest and most convenient hotel. Here are all the positives (1) Friendly and attentive staff (2) Clean and spacious rooms...all suites with sitting area and fold-out couch. (3) in the middle of a plaza so plenty of restaurants within 1-3 minute walk (ie: McDonalds, Subway, Sushi, and swankier Jeffries Jazz Bar & restaurant, literally across parking lot.) Also, about a 5 minute drive is Vinnies a non-pretentious seafood joint right on the lake with great crablegs, oysters, shrimp, etc....No negatives really, maybe just that pool is indoor/ no outdoor pool?!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank perudallas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mooresville
Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte / Mooresville
Wingate by Wyndham Mooresville
Candlewood Suites Mooresville
Candlewood Suites Mooresville
#4 of 14 in Mooresville
TownePlace Suites Charlotte Mooresville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Davidson

Been to SpringHill Suites Charlotte Lake Norman/Mooresville? Share your experiences!