“Pretty Good”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have been a couple of times for both lunch and dinner. The lunch buffet is pretty good with decent choices for a decent price. Dinner on the other hand is pretty expensive. Overall the food is good, but the service is terrible. Refills are few and far between. On our dinner visit it took over 20 minutes to pay the bill once they dropped it off. They only had one server for the entire restaurant and the dining room was 90% full.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I took my family here for a special birthday treat for my wife. Appetizers were OK, but when the entrees arrived that's when things went downhill quickly.

Instead of flavorsome, vibrant dishes with the spice and taste combinations that one expects from good Indian food we were served bland inedible slop. A Chicken Vindaloo which should have been sour and hot was a tasteless mess of tomato sauce with a dash of vinegar. Lamb Rogan Josh tasted like 2 day old stew, with tough chunks of meat and no discernible attempt at adding spices or even garlic and ginger. A basket of assorted breads was cold and hard.

When I complained to the waiting staff their attitude was awful, and some of the things they said and did were just plain weird. I was told 'I didn't know what I was talking about', that the food was 'the best food they'd ever eaten', and at one point a waiter went in the back and came back with a bowl of hot spice paste, stuck it in front of me and told me to stir it in to the food myself 'to spice it up a bit'.

My 9 year old ate the Fish curry, but she was the only one who ate anything. The rest of us just left it as it was truly disgusting. Appalled by the awful atmosphere the waiting staff were generating as they took the uneaten food away, I asked for the check. There was no effort on the part of the staff to placate us or adjust the check to remove the offending articles.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any stranger or more bizarre, the same female waiter who a few minutes earlier had pretty much told me I was no-nothing idiot appeared from the back carrying a tray of thimble size mango drinks and to a stony reception insisted on singing 'Happy Birthday'!

To end the whole horrendous debacle, and despite my personal reservations, I paid the check - $115, for which I got some appetizers and two mouthfuls of food. The five of us left in silence, four of us still hungry.

My wife's birthday was ruined.

Not only was the food in this place the worst Indian food I've ever tasted, it was without a doubt the worst experience I've ever had in a restaurant in my entire life.

3  Thank Joe C
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were visiting the Memory Lane Museum and spotted the sign for this restaurant just before the museum. They do very tasty vegetable samosas, delicious coconut shrimp curry (I asked for medium spicy and it was a good level of spiciness for the British palette) and great navrattan (vegetable) korma. The naan bread and mango lassi were delicious too. The lunch buffet was a real bargain, and we would have tried it but I had a craving for shrimp. The service was very friendly and prompt, we would definitely recommend this restaurant.