“Nice visit”

Big Daddy's of Lake Norman
Ranked #14 of 264 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Orlando, Florida
“Nice visit”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Staff was extremely nice. Food was very southern made wit a lot of butter. Meal starts with hush puppies on the table. They do have a salad bar available,

• Visited August 2014

Orange County, California
“Being your Appetite”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Went to Big Daddy's with five other couples while visiting Lake Norman. Had read many of the previous reviews in anticipation of what to expect. The beauty of TripAdvisor is the value of those reviews; they were spot on. From the outside this place does not look like a restaurant. Upon entering you are in a moderately sized gift shop. Hmm. Then a greeter leads you into the main room, and boy is it a large room, or should I say rooms. So large we did not see it all, but felt like 500 people could dine at one time. Now to the food. This is a seafood place. Yes, you can find a few meat choices, but the menu is 95% seafood and seafood combo plates. Choices? Plenty. Preparation? Fried or grilled. Salad bar? Lots of choices with 30-40 items and 5-6 dressings. Portions? Large. Did I say large? Yes, large. And watch out for the complimentary baskets of hush puppies. Those tasty morsels will fill you up before your main course arrives. All in all, a fun night with food that met expectations.

• Visited August 2014
Charlotte,NC
“Really glad we went back”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

It's been 5-6 years since we'd been here (it's a bit of a drive and lots of options closer), but we wanted to see if it was as good as we had thought then. We went at 5, so there was no wait. We had a great server, salad bar was great, hushpuppies yummy and butterfly shrimp and clam strips tasty. It's not cheap fried seafood (entrees $15-$24 with most in the $18 range) and the salad bar is $4 extra for one trip with small bowls. Overall, we decided we should come back again in a couple of months. ($80 for three) Will definitely go for some oysters. It's a very nice oyster bar.

Mooresville, North Carolina
“First time won't be the last”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Never been here - went with another couple. Service was excellent - the food was excellent if fact a lot of our friends wanted to know our review. Salad bar was great. Will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit here and honestly didn't know what to expect. The restaurant sits right off Hwy 150 out past Queens Landing. It sits right on the road so most of the parking is on the side or in the adjacent strip mall. There is a large sign with neon and several sports vehicles on the roof. The exterior is metal and looks like a small warehouse.

When you walk in you're immediately in the gift shop. To eat, follow the wall on the right and the hostess will seat you. We had a party of 8 and on a Friday night we made reservations just in case.

My brother-in-law visiting from VA has deemed this place his favorite restaurant in NC and I can see why. He's eaten here before and must eat here on every visit.

The restaurant is about three times the size as what it looks from the road. It's dark wood and low lighting (you might need a small light to see the menu). You'll also find several fish mounted to the walls including a hammer head shark. My little niece enjoyed the aquarium and lobster tank. Not what I was expecting from the outside. Very nice.

Immediately we were greeted by an older waitress who was super friendly. The menu includes a wine list in front. She very quickly got us our drinks and appetizers of calamari and fried lobster tails.

The menu is a little higher priced than I typically eat as I'm on a budget. Most entrees are priced between $13.95-$25.95. But this was a very special occasion and had not eaten all day so I went for the "Super Daddy Seafood" platter. There was one large juicy fried filet, oysters, scallops, deviled crab, one coconut shrimp(so good) and plenty of clam strips. The amount of food given is well worth the price. Everything was perfectly cooked. Not oily or dried out. I typically do not eat fried food and if I do usually get sick but this was no problem here. It was really, really good with no negative after effects.

We all ordered different foods and everything was perfectly cooked. The broiled scallops my brother got made me stop eating in my tracks. My next order for sure.

The place was almost packed and the waitress obviously has been employed here for a long time. As I said we had a party of 8 and had no problem whatsoever of keeping our drinks filled all night, delivering hot food and suggestions for dessert all by herself. I did not get her name but she was a real gem.

This was probably one of the best seafood restaurants I have been too. I'm sorry to Red Lobster but I definitely prefer this place.

3 Thank Talonrock