“High expectations”

Dining options: Reservations
Sarasota, Florida
“High expectations”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Maybe that's why I just gave it an average score. Friends really played it up, so once there, was OK BBQ, but the chicken was over cooked and dry, had to smother it in sauce to eat. Green beans seemed canned (or maybe just old). It's the south...there's better, but it's not bad.

Visited July 2012

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
“Great Place”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been there twice and both times I loved it......yes I ate in the bus....where else would you eat? The food was great both times and I will be back......my first time there was on a visit with my girfriend....second was this past Christmastime and now I live here in Mooresville. So you know I will be there very soon for some awesome food and atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012
Carlisle, Ohio, United States
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've eaten here many times over the years while visiting but something has changed. In the past the service was excellent and the food was amazing. This past week the experience was much different. The service was barely average. The hostess seemed bothered by having to stop writing to seat us, looked sloppy and had no customer service skills which must have been the theme for the night because our waitress had the same attitude. The food was still very good, the pulled pork was great. The restaurant had some kind of stale odor and everything looked dirty which had not been the case in the past. Hopefully we just caught them on an off-season bad night because we have always made this a "must" when visiting Mooresville.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sher S
Flower Mound, TX
“Sensory overload”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wings are excellent, pulled pork is very good.
Skip the brunswick stew, it is awful.
Hush puppies are the best, so don't order an appetizer,
especially the mushrooms or onion rings.

Nascar Overload however.
It has no hint of what is on the inside on the outside
of the building. There is actually a bus inside.
Very cool, but a little too much for me.

Wings are amazing, though!
Get them to go!!

Visited March 2013
LancastersBBQ, Owner at Lancaster's BBQ & Wings, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Glad you enjoy our wings and bbq. I hate you didnt like the brunswick stew, since stew wasnt one of your favorites we have lots of other sides to choice from. However i hate you didnt like the nascar memorabilia, this is what we are known for and what makes us different for everyone else and of course, the bus, we have a waiting list for it. This is the favorite for the children besides the game room. Hope you come back again and try some of our other great items we have. Thanks
Charlotte, North Carolina
“World Famous”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great BBQ, Great Service, Clean restrooms, lots to look at. Could update some of the material. Hush puppies are a must.
We like to eat in the 'Bus'. All the gals working there are very nice, the few guys that work there seem grumpy. Maybe its me? We'll keep going back for smiles and BBQ

Visited February 2013