“on the water”
Review of Grilles Sports Cafe - CLOSED

Grilles Sports Cafe
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Description: Lake Norman's only Sports Cafe'. Awesome lake and sunset views from the inside dining room or outsid deck and patio. Great food by Chef Brantley Turner such as a Smoked Salmon BLT, 1-1/2" thick Porterhouse Pork Chop, or Cajun Crawfish and Shrimp Mac-n-cheese. Enjoy your favorite sporting event on one of our 14 flat screen tvs, or get into the game on one of our 5 pool tables, Golden Tee Golf, Silver Strike Bowling, Shuffle Board, or electronic steel tip Darts. Come by boat if you prefer and dock at one of our 8 slips. Come for the Food......Stay for the fun!
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We ate here because we were looking for a lunch spot on the water. Sadly all the outside tables were full, hungry we decided to stay. The food wasn't bad, the french fries were handcut and good. I had the fish tacos, I could recommend them. As we were leaving I noticed the bar area looked pretty full. As a sports bar I would say it works, as just a place for a great unique lunch, keep looking. If you want to dock your boat and walk up from the water, it would be an option for that. It sits right on the docks.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We went here for lunch it took a really long time to get our order and I wasn't impressed at all when it came. First of all it was the smallest margarita I've ever had in my life i think it was served in a small water glass then we had ordered clam chowder who puts frozen mixed vegetables in clam chowder gross and the shrimp cocktail 10 shrimp on a plate with a dollop of sauce in the middle Gordon ramsy needs to pay a visit here the only good thing the waitress she was nice.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I'm new to the area and heard about this place on the lake so some friend and I jumped on the boat and came to check it out. Service was great and the staff was very polite and friendly . The food was out standing and came right up with a very short wait and there was 6 of us who had ordered. For anybody looking to relax and enjoy some good food should make it a point to try grilles out!

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I have just gotten a boat and started visiting places on the lake. I went to GRILLS on a recommendation. I found it to be one of the best places on the like. food is good. service is always good and the beer is ice cold!! I like most about it is it doesn't matter if you come off the boat in shorts and flip flops or from work in a business suit. everyone is treated the same. So if you looking for a good place to get a bit to eat and a cold beer. stop by GRILLS!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went to eat here tonight because the wait at Blue Parrot was @ 45 min..... what a mistake to not wait for Blue Parrot! Ordered the crab/ artichoke dip..."served in a bread bowl". It came and there was a piece of bread with nothing in it???? So we sent it back. All of us ordered the Philly cheese steak with homemade chips. The "chips" were soggy, greasy pieces of potatoes. The sandwich was a piece of fatty meat on a hoagie. It was disgusting.
We talked to the manager.....who states the the food is "not normally awful"....said he would give us a discount but then did not. He did take the appetizer off....but we all paid full price for a meal that was HORRIBLE.
On a high note....the waitress tried to be helpful.
Such a shame that such a prime location sucks so bad!

1  Thank 2vizslas