“Safety is not a concern”
Review of GoPro Motorplex

GoPro Motorplex
More attraction details
Owner description: GoPro Motorplex in an outdoor, 0.7-Mile, 11-turn, outdoor karting facilty open to the public 7 days a week, year-round featuring Adult Rental Karts (16+y.O.)That reach speeds up to 55 mph! GoPro Motoplex can also accommodate group and corporate team building events!
Mooresville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Safety is not a concern”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great fun track.But as a go kart racer safety was not a concern for people that are not members.The staff is great until you make a complaint against a members reckless driving. I refuse to go back due to the fact that they only cater to the people paying the overpriced memberships.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank bigracer
Katelin L, Public Relations Manager at GoPro Motorplex, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hi there-

First of all, thank you for bringing your kart to race at GoPro Motorplex. We appreciate your feedback. We are certainly disappointed that you feel you had a negative experience. However, even as the Director of PR at GoPro Motorplex, I do not even know who all has a membership at our track. So I can assure you that our track employees and staff members rarely even know who has a membership and who doesn't when making calls against rough driving.

We certainly hope that you will return to our track, as safety is actually our number one priority and I would be happy to discuss in detail all of the safety precautions we take to make sure every single person that enters our track is safe and has an enjoyable racing experience, members, non-members, rental karts, kart owners....safety is our goal no matter who is on track. As a company, we would never sacrifice safety to satisfy anyone.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Greenville, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Rub shoulders with NASCAR royalty”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

GoPro Motorplex is a "must see" on your next trip to the Charlotte area. We visited last Saturday and had 3 NASCAR drivers in the mix racing with us. They enjoyed laying back on the backstretch and letting the entire field pass by...before running back by everybody like a hurricane. These carts are fun to drive and challenging. Make sure you take a couple laps to learn the track and get some heat in the tires. On the long backstretch, you can actually feel the draft work as you suck up behind competitors at 55mph+. You don't realize how fast you are going until you get to the sharp turn at the end of the straight away. Prices were $25 for 10 minute rides...about 9-10 laps. We were charged only $15 per ride...because they were running a special since the temp was under 50 degrees. YOU MUST ADD THIS TO YOUR BUCKET LIST!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Cary H
Houston, Texas
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Fun to watch or drive”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

The nice thing about this place is that it is kid friendly if you have your own cart/membership. I don't really like driving but found it fun.

10 minutes on the track for $25 is a bit steep but on NASCAR race day there was a discount to $15.

It is out in the middle of no where so make sure to make it worth your drive. Get a group of your friends and have a cart day. They offer to email or print your race statistics which is pretty cool. I think the only thing I really didn't like about it was that there are some rude drivers that will bump you off the track to get their points up and screw you to the grass.

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Competitive but good fun!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Since we were in NASCAR country I knew there had to be something fun for adults to do regarding racing. There's an indoor track in mooresville but I wanted something different. I googled 'go kart mooresville nc' and this came up. We googled directions and found time during our limited stay. Easy to find. It is an outdoor track that has only been opened one year. The parking lot was almost empty and no karts were on the track when we pulled up. We were the only customers there. Upon entering the building, we were greeted by one of the staff who explained the protocol. We had to enter our info on the computer. I only had sandals with me but the desk guy said I could use shoes they keep as spares. So, for $1 bought socks from them. That was very convenient since my husband didn't want me to miss out on the track and so he could have someone to race against! After we paid, we walked o another building to get fitted for a helmet. They offer customers a locker to store belongings, nice touch. The karts are gas powered. The track is really nice. It's a bit grueling on he body especially if you up on the rumple strips. I must have gripped the wheel so tightly that my arms were sore for a few days afterwards! My husband loved it. Me, I did it to make him happy. You can bring your own kart there to race the track. The racing teams use the track for their employees. If you love karting, then don't miss this!!

Visited September 2013
Mooresville, North Carolina
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Great Fun, Fast Carts”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

A group from our office visited Mooresville Motorplex and had a very good time. Once you get signed in and verified by the very easy to work with staff, you cross over to a holding area to brief you on the rules and procedures for driving the carts. You will get a head sock and helmet prior to getting into the carts. These carts are wicked good, they are quick, easy to drive and a pure blast. Speeds of over 55 mph will definitely keep your attention as you brake going into the corners. Each lap is timed and after you finish you can check your lap times with your fellow racers. We will be coming back for another healthly round of competition.

Visited July 2013