“Competitive but good fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of GoPro Motorplex

GoPro Motorplex
More attraction details
Owner description: GoPro Motorplex in an outdoor, 0.7-Mile, 11-turn, outdoor karting facilty open to the public 7 days a week, year-round featuring Adult Rental Karts (16+y.O.)That reach speeds up to 55 mph! GoPro Motoplex can also accommodate group and corporate team building events!
New York City, New York
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Competitive but good fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Since we were in NASCAR country I knew there had to be something fun for adults to do regarding racing. There's an indoor track in mooresville but I wanted something different. I googled 'go kart mooresville nc' and this came up. We googled directions and found time during our limited stay. Easy to find. It is an outdoor track that has only been opened one year. The parking lot was almost empty and no karts were on the track when we pulled up. We were the only customers there. Upon entering the building, we were greeted by one of the staff who explained the protocol. We had to enter our info on the computer. I only had sandals with me but the desk guy said I could use shoes they keep as spares. So, for $1 bought socks from them. That was very convenient since my husband didn't want me to miss out on the track and so he could have someone to race against! After we paid, we walked o another building to get fitted for a helmet. They offer customers a locker to store belongings, nice touch. The karts are gas powered. The track is really nice. It's a bit grueling on he body especially if you up on the rumple strips. I must have gripped the wheel so tightly that my arms were sore for a few days afterwards! My husband loved it. Me, I did it to make him happy. You can bring your own kart there to race the track. The racing teams use the track for their employees. If you love karting, then don't miss this!!

Visited September 2013

Mooresville, North Carolina
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Great Fun, Fast Carts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

A group from our office visited Mooresville Motorplex and had a very good time. Once you get signed in and verified by the very easy to work with staff, you cross over to a holding area to brief you on the rules and procedures for driving the carts. You will get a head sock and helmet prior to getting into the carts. These carts are wicked good, they are quick, easy to drive and a pure blast. Speeds of over 55 mph will definitely keep your attention as you brake going into the corners. Each lap is timed and after you finish you can check your lap times with your fellow racers. We will be coming back for another healthly round of competition.

Visited July 2013
Hickory, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Track, good racin'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

I visited the Mooresville Motorplex in early Dec and it was great. The staff was friendly and the track was awesome. The carts were good and I had a lot of fun. Definitely worth stopping by if you're a race fan. It's not your typical cart track, this is world-class.

Visited December 2012