“Good food, small portions.”
Review of McAlister's Deli

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #56 of 288 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 30, 2014

Maybe I'm a big eater, so this is subjective, but I think the portions are small. The food is excellent quality, the service is usually quick, the tea is AMAZING, but I have been repeatedly disappointed with the portion size, namely the sides.

Overall, never a terrible meal, but portions could be improved.

Reviewed October 24, 2014

I have tried almost every sandwich on the menu and have not been disappointed. Sides are very small and I really wish they would add fresh cut fries to complete the menu.

For sides you can get bagged potato chips (not a fan), a couple of teaspoons of potato salad, a spoonful of mac n cheese, mashed potatoes (ther're ok) or fruit salad. FYI - skip the fruit salad; it's tiny and you get 1 grape, 1 pineapple piece, and like 2 pieces of apple. Seriously, it will just make you mad. It's good, but one bite and it's gone.

The baked potatoes are always fresh and you can get almost any topping you can think of. The sweet tea is good, I personally prefer the unsweetened, it has a good flavor. Drinks are very large, I usually have to take my tea with me when I leave.

Restaurant is always clean. When it's warm I like to grab a table outside. Good place to get a quick bite to eat.

Value is so-so. I'm always so disappointed by the side item that I wish they just wouldn't even offer it, but the sandwiches are a good size. I just feel a little cheated when I eat here. I pay $9 for a sandwich and $2+ for my tea, for my $11 + tax could I please just have enough fruit or potato salad to maybe have 5 bites? Yes, I know you can order an extra side for $2.29, but then essentially, I now have $15 sandwich with a pickle. For $15-$16 at lunch I can go elsewhere and have a meal, not a sandwich.

Reviewed October 22, 2014

Ordered take out after a long day of travel and sandwiches were excellent!! Another person got a loaded potato and loved it. Service for take out was fast and order perfect! I would tell anyone to go!

Reviewed October 11, 2014 via mobile

Good food....my son had the big nasty (Angus beef cheese an gravy) free WiFi, great service. Big change from burgers.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

McAlister's has been off of my radar for sometime now because of bad experiences in the Cornelius store in particular but other locations as well. Generally surly staff and managers, poor quality food, slow service etc.

It was with reluctance that I was talked in going to this one. Apparently there are still good stores left and this has to be one of the best.

Starts with very friendly people willing to help, a clean environment and a can do attitude. I ordered a Muffaletta and was I ever pleasant surprised. Last time I ordered one in Cornelius, it was all bread, very little meat and sparce on the olive paste. Not here. Sandwich was loaded and I'm glad I only ordered a half. No way I could have eaten a whole.

Not quite New Orleans but what is? Nevertheless, close and very good.

Would recommend this one to anyone. Let's hope the other stores in this chain catch on and start emulating because then, we would be onto something good.