“New Property”

Candlewood Suites Mooresville
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Mooresville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed for a week at this newer property. Hard mattress was difficult for me. Room was clean and quite functional, but we were in an end room and it rained--all we heard all night was water coming down the gutters. It is set for longer stays, so housekeeping only once a week. We couldn't get the kitchen towels we needed at all. The clerk never added our priority points and we are still looking for those. Because this property is newer some of the flaws are passable. As it ages I don't think it will hold up well. Great location for us and an inexpensive price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Tina W, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I would like to personally discuss your stay at our hotel. I just sent you an email with my contact information. I look forward to talking with you soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a great place, just off of the highway. We stopped here on our way from Disney, we didn't know where we were staying, we were just driving until we were tired. The staff was great, very friendly and accomodating. As far as the hotel...I had to ask the girl at the desk if the hotel was brand new and if anyone had ever stayed in the room we had. It was so clean, and so fresh. The linens were bright white. The entire place smelled like new construction. It was a real relief to stay at such a nice place. The rooms are very modern and have great style. I will stay here again when passing through.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 11Timechamps

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay. What an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction to read your comments. Your review will be shared at our next staff meeting, It's always a great motivator to know we were part of an amazing experience for you and your family. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed in many many hotels over the years, lots of them high end. But let me tell you about this little hotel. The staff is so friendly and will go out of their way to assist what ever you need. We requested a late check out and got a 3 o'clock in the afternoon check out at no additional charge. We have stayed here two times in the last month. We are new to the area and in the process of building a new home and plan on staying many many more times. They are so wonderful that they even let you bring your pets. Yes they are pet friendly. The hotel is absolutely spotless, the beds are comfortable and it is very convenient to the interstate 77. Oh I forgot to mention the price is ridiculously low for all the services that you get. They even have a pool! Did I even mention there is a full size refrigerator, microwave, kitchen sink, Garbage disposal, dishwasher and a two burner solid surface stove. Wow this place is like a home away from home!

• Stayed: February 2013
Emily F, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites staff I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to make our guests happy and feel comfortable while at our property, and I am so glad we were able to provide that experience for you. Guests always have and always will be our number one priority. Once again thank you for the kind words, and we look forward to seeing you at your next visit.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Chose this property based on price and location. Good value but nothing fancy. Seemed like a fairly new place so everything was in good condition. Rooms are rather plain as you would expect in this level of hotel but everything worked and it is a very quiet location which I liked very much.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dfoote13
Emily F, Manager at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites staff I would like to take the time to thank you for reviewing our hotel. Feedback, both positive and negative, is vital to our growth and learning as a hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience while here and we look forward to seeing you during your next stay!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have stayed at the hotels across the road from this new Candlewood Suites for years, and decided to try it our on a return trip from Florida. Since we often visit Mooresville for several days, we felt that having the kitchen would be convenient, even if only to easily reheat leftovers and make quick breakfasts. Coming in from the South on 21 we had no problem getting in, but it would be confusing from the North as there is no designated entrance from the North, perhaps that will be changed as the hotel is open longer and they realize the problem. The room was clean and the bathroom well stocked with towels, soaps, shampoo, etc. The note states that the housekeeping service is once a week, but for our one night stay, we were well cared for. My girls were thrilled with the pool-- while not large, it was warm and a great break after a long day's drive. The door moldings were quite flimsy, and you could see almost into the bathroom through the large gap. Pushing on the side of molding helped, but it wouldn't stay of course. Likewise there was quite a gap in several room doors we passed. For the price we paid, I don't feel that it was a big problem. We enjoyed seeing a small dog who was visiting with his family. On our floor, we were pleased to see that a Pet In Room magnet was available to be placed on their door.

Right at the front desk there was a decent selection of DVDs to borrow, and a few CD's I think. The only problem we ran into was that upon our arrival, there was no one at the desk. For almost 5 minutes. We had arrived around 6:30 or so on a Monday night. There was no bell to ring or buzzer to push. Finally a young lady came in from outside (?) with what appeared to be another employee via the back and apologized for not being there. The strong smell of smoke makes me suspect the cigarette break was a bit too long. I also had to ask for my credit card and license back after she gave me my room keys as she was quite distracted. After dinner, we returned with the intention of borrowing a movie, but the she had walked into the back office/room just as we got to the desk, and didn't come out again for the 4 or 5 minutes we stood at the desk, quietly talking with my daughter tapping her room key on the counter. I'd be really surprised if she couldn't hear us, but I was not ready to call out for anyone. I was, however, disappointed that the service wasn't a bit better. Perhaps a buzzer or bell would be better as I certainly don't expect someone to sit at the front desk all the time. In the morning, the lady who was at the desk was lovely, showing us where to find our check out papers. It's a smart setup at the chain with a very welcoming feel.
There was a nice selection of items in the snack room, but there was no milk which would have been great for a quick cereal and milk breakfast. There is a DD right up the road, though -- also next to impossible to enter properly from either direction.

We love the Mooresville area, and I have no doubt that we will be staying at the Candlewood Suites again. It was a terrific value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Luvamoose67
Emily F, Manager at Candlewood Suites Mooresville, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All feedback both positive and negative is beneficial to us and will help us to grow and learn as a hotel. We take your feedback very seriously, and we want to use it to provide a better experience for you next time. We strive to provide excellent customer service and to hear that you were not completely satisfied with our staff is very disheartening. Since your review was posted we have worked even harder training and working with our staff to make sure they can provide you with the utmost service. Once again we are thankful for your review and we look forward to seeing you at your next stay!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed there for a wedding and were impressed with everything from the minute that we got there. Rooms are large and very clean. The staff was very professional and they went out of their way to please. I cant wait to go back and visit Family and will book my room at Candlewood Suites!! Great Job!!!

Room Tip: Rm 128 was loud accross from office due to traffic, they tried there best to be quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Nathan C,

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites staff I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All feedback is very important to our hotel's growth. We appreciate your kind words, and are so happy knowing that you were pleased with your stay, we were able to provide you with an excellent experience. Once again we are thankful that you chose us for your stay and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days based on a review I saw here on Tripadvisor. The hotel was clean. There were only a couple of things that bothered me. The first night I was there, I got up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water and step on a small shard of glass. but if I had put on my slippers that would not have happened. So no big deal there. The hotel was clean, the bed comfortable and the water was hot. It's a little hard getting into and out of but no big deal there eith. I owuld definitely stay here again. The staff was friendly and as helpful as they could be. Really nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

On behalf of the entire Candlewood Suites staff, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are grateful for all feedback both positive and negative; hearing your opinions will help us to learn and grow as a hotel. I would like to apologize for the issue that you had while in your room. Thank you for informing us of this so we can work harder to make our guests completely satisfied. We are glad that we were able to provide you with a great experience and we look forward to seeing you at your next visit!