Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mooresville - Lake Norman
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Mooresville
Reviewed December 21, 2009

Forced off the road due to a winter storm, this hotel not only didn't raise the rates but didn't upcharge for our dogs. They provided Great Service for the many forced to stop due to dangerous road conditions.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed October 8, 2009

Check in was a breeze and staff were very nice. Hotel and room were very neat and clean. Located close to several different chain stores and an Applebee's right across the street. Would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on our long drive back from our vacation in Florida back home to Ontario, Canada. We saw it advertised in one of the hotel coupon books we picked up at a rest stop and decided it was a safe bet because it was advertised as a BRAND NEW! hotel....upon our arrival it was clear that the hotel was not in fact brand new. When I asked the desk clerk about the age of the hotel, he informed me it was six years old....not exactly BRAND NEW but apparently hotels are considered brand new until they are ten years of age.

Considering that we were only staying here one night, just to get a little rest, our priorities was that the room was clean and comfortable which it was. I have to say the bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! On the downside, the maintenance in the room was not up to par and there were two light bulbs burnt out and a leaky bathtub faucet which dripped all night long! I informed the hotel clerk about these small problems with the room upon our departure the next morning.

The continental breakfast in the morning was a little sparse and did not exactly have an abundance of healthy options but overall it was quite convenient for travelers!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Josie83
Reviewed April 12, 2009

It was a decent place. About average.
Cat 5 internet cable in the room was dead.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnT33
Reviewed January 25, 2009

the hotel was very clean and very quiet. which i look for right away. Maybe because it was winter? All and all the hotel staff were very accomodating and friendly. The morning breakfast was also quite good my kids are very picky but had no problems enjoying what they had to offer. The only thing was there was no indoor pool only outside, which was ok being we were only there for a short time. There are many many resturants and stores all in the general area.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank hotdognewfoundland
Reviewed January 11, 2009

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for two nights for the race @ Lowe's Motor Speedway. Check in was smooth although a little confusion since I booked two rooms and another group with us then transferred one of two rooms to their name. Rooms were clean, breakfast was good. The location is good for racing activity. One other problem I had was when I got back , I discovered I was charged an extra night by checking my credit card statement online. Never mentioned to me that I was booked another night when I checked out but I had all email confirmations and faxed them to the hotel and was credited. No major problem but a little hassle for no reason. Overall stay was good and would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank chad10
Reviewed August 2, 2008

This is by far the cleanest hotel we have stayed at. The hallways and room just look & smell clean. Staff was very pleasant, room was modern and clean. The breakfast bar had a better than average selection including a hot item choice.

I did utilize the pool which is a nice size and clean. Considering this pool is right next to a parking lot it was pretty private. Next to the pool is a gazebo area with a big grill and table and chairs. Between the grill and microwave and fridge in the room you can easily prepare your own meals if needed. A white picket fence surrounds the walkway to pool and gazebo. The pool had full afternoon sun which was nice because I noticed the hotel pool next door was practically in full shade when we were there.

This Holiday Inn Express - Mooresville has now set the standard of what I expect from this hotel chain. This is the nicest one so far. We will definately stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family