“Good value & courteous staff, very comfortable bed”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mooresville - Lake Norman
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Mooresville
Poplar Bluff, Missouri, United States
“Good value & courteous staff, very comfortable bed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Was only there for one night. The rooms were clean. The only problem I encountered was there was no ice machine on my floor, had to go to the first floor for ice, but other than that, it was a good experience

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed here twice during the corse of a month. The first time planned, the second unplanned. the rooms were clean, beds comfortable. I do like the pillow selections. Check in was quick and painless. Toilettries provided are adequate - I did like the make-up remover towelette that was included with the usual shampoo, conditioner and lotion. The only thing I did not like in the room was the shower curtain. Both rooms I stayed in, the shower curtains had visible mold and smelled mildewy.

There's plenty of places nearby to eat for every budget. Being in Race City, I liked the NASCAR theme of the hotel lobby.

Hot breakfast every morning had a good selection and IMHO was a notch above the usual freebie hotel breakfasts. The lobby was a nice area to relax with a book and a hot cup of tea in the early afternoons.

The above and beyond part came into play when I had to stay here unexpectedly in the middle of a relocation to the area. I showed up with out a reservation. the young man at the front desk gave me a more than fair price on a room for the next several nights. the next morning chatting with Robin at the front desk she found out I was looking for a place to live and offered some suggestions and tips about the area. In the course of our conversation she found out where I was going to be working, and offered me their negotiated rate on my remaining nights stay. Everyone at the front desk really helped to make my stay as stress free as possible and I can't thank them enough for it!

Oh, and COOKIES. Fresh baked cookies every afternoon . What's not to love. : )

Room Tip: avoid the rooms right by the elevators. The door DING is quite loud.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

On my way home from ct I stopped over at this hotel. Another great holiday inn with great staff and updated clean rooms. Beds were very comfortable. The young man who showed me a room was delightful. The woman at the front desk was fantastic as well as the manager. What a great man! What a great hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Lindon, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Gave me exactly what a business traveler needs - clean and quiet. internet access was good and the location was convenient to hwy and restaurants. My only suggestion/request is that they find a way to provide more electrical plugs. Maybe even add a power strip. This is not unique to this property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed one night while traveling. Bed was very comfy. Stayed in an accessible suite. Very clean. Furniture could be arranged a little different to better accommodate wheelchair. Good hot breakfast included. For the price it was a great value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed in this HI Express this week for two nights (would've been no nights if we could've found other suitable lodging in Mooresville.

Our first room......a king smoking on the 5th floor had ants crawling over the windowsill and across one of the tables. The evening manager was ever apologetic and quite nice but when he came up to spray the bugs with us in the room, both my husband and I were taken aback somewhat since he didn't ask if either of us had any breathing issues which I do.

We didn't feel comfortable staying in this room so asked to be switched to another room which we were ... two doors down sadly... to a two double bed room which wasn't what we wanted but we didn't have much choice. We did make an attempt to find other lodging in the area.

This second room also had signs of ants! It seems that housecleaning doesn't think to clean spilled soda marks that get under table lamps as I checked and this is what the ants were after. The bottoms of the lamps were sticky so in the second room I wiped them all down trying to get all the Coke drippings off them to deter any additional ants. This time we asked that the room be sprayed while we were out of the room and it was.

Again the night manager was as nice as he could be, profusely apologizing and eventually comping our room for the first night. We still feel we shouldn't have had to pay for either night.

It was unsettling for both of us to sleep in a room wondering where the ants would pop up next and very gratefully we didn't see any more.

Any good exterminator will tell you that using a household bug spray only makes the ant colonies divide and come back stronger but I'm not sure they even have a professional exterminator.

To be fair, all outward appearances in the lobby and breakfast area were clean and tidy, glass windows were clean etc. Room was also 'tidy', just not really clean as evidenced by my finding the soda remains. We did try the complimentary breakfast the second morning and were very impressed by all the offerings......sausage gravy & biscuits, scrambled eggs, bacon, cinammon rolls, a variety of cereals and juices, bagels and all the fixings......everything was delicious!

I don't think we will stay there again and actually don't plan to stay in Mooresville again even though we have family members in the area..........just not impressed with the level of lodging in this town so we will go back up to Boone where even the Super 8 is wonderfully clean, convenient and has no bugs!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mooresville - Lake Norman, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear VirginiaLj,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Mooresville, NC.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

This hotel was clean, staff was friendly and helpful. Got a good night rest and had a very nice hot breakfast in the morning. It is a perfect hotel for traveling. If you are looking for a resort go elsewhere, but if you want a clean comfortable place to stay the night, this is your spot. I would stay again anytime.

Room Tip: the suite is nothing fancy, just grab a regular room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family