“A MUST !!”

Epic Chophouse
Ranked #4 of 276 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A wonderful locally owned traditional New York / Chicago Chophouse in a historic Circa 1888 two-story building in the center of downtown historic Mooresville. The menu is quite diverse offering Great 30 day aged certified USDA Choice corn-fed beef, fresh seafood, pastas, salads and other house specialties. We pour a generous 8oz glass of wine, a true 16oz pint of craft beer and an unbelievable 2oz premium pour in all of our mixed drinks. Stop by and experience why our service and food have earned us the name Epic Chophouse. Reservations are recommended but not required. Please use the complimentary Valet right in front of the restaurant. The restaurant is open 5 - 10 pm Monday - Thursday, 5 - 11 pm Friday and Saturday, and 5 - 9 pm on Sunday. Brunch is served from 10:30 am - 2:30 pm on Sunday. The bar is open 4 - 10 pm Sunday - Thursday and 4 pm - 12 am Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Dinner was phenomenal, service was excellent. Must on the places
To eat ! First timer, Heard of epic chophouse in mooresville from friends and we will be passing the word also !!

JimM809, Owner at Epic Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Michael R
Thank you for the strong vote of confidence. I have a great team that helps me to make Epic Chophouse - Epic. I will pass your comments along to the team.
Owner / Epic Chophouse

Reviewed August 19, 2014

this was our second visit to Epic Chophouse. We went for a family dinner on Sunday evening. The
food and service were both great. Our table had the pecan crusted chicken, the tenderloin brochettes, the tilapia and the sirloin. Only small disappointment was the gristle in the sirloin. Salads and loaded baked potatoes were excellent too. Not too crowded since it was around 5:30 pm on a Sunday. Overall a good dining experience.

1  Thank hanson1610
JimM809, Owner at Epic Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Thank you for the Kind review, If there ever is a disappointment in your dining experience please let us know as you are dining and we will certainly correct it. Hope to see you again soon.

Owner/Epic Chophouse

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Coming to Charlotte, stay in Mooresville and try the Epic. Visited my son from Florida and he suggested the Epic. WE had porkchops, steaks,and pasta. not a flaw at any level. Side of mushrooms-perfect, cream spinach--outstanding. Server Victoria a gem. Downtown Mooresville has the best kept secret south of the Mason/Dixon line. Be there!!

2  Thank alk1939

alk1939
What a great town Mooresville ! Thank you for visiting and seeing its charm. Hope to see you again soon.
Beat Regards
Owner / Epic Chophouse

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Went for dinner with business associates and a Customer last week and it was great as usual.

This makes probably the fifth or sixth time I've been here over the past year and each has been a very good experience. When asked what he wanted for dinner, the Customer replied Steak or Chops and that narrowed it down very quickly to Epic.

All three of us started with a tomato and mozzarella salad with basil similiar to Caprese but not quite Caprese. That proved to be a great way to start out a dinner.

Both the Customer and I ordered the medium sized Prime Rib cooked medium rare and that is exactly how it came. A nice thick cut of meat served with au jux and in my case, a bit of grated horseradish.My business assocaite settled for a nice NY Strip Steak that he indicated was also very good.

Atmosphere is nice. It's in a building that goes back probably about a hundred years and they have made every effort to preserve the feel and ambiance. Started out a bit noisy but calmed down over time. The parking is a bit tight but they do offer complmentary valet parking so that makes it nice.

Service was perfect as usual and we wanted for nothing.

All in all, a very good evening .

2  Thank LKNCHOWHOUND
JimM809, Owner at Epic Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

LKNCHOWHOUND
After looking at your 51 PLUS reviews, I would like to thank you for the very kind and experienced review you gave us at Epic Chophouse. As a user of Tripadvisor, it is encouraging to see that you format your reviews well. As an owner I appreciate the opportunity it allows me to see my business as my guests see it. My name is Jim Morasso and I am the owner of Epic Chophouse. Please ask for me when you return.

Owner Epic Chophouse & Chillfire Bar & Grill

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Upon entry into the front door, the first thing we noticed was the loudness, giving validity to Trip Advisor reviews. The noise level is due to the hard surface architecture of the building itself, but that was a small trade-off as it reflected an old-style, chop house look that we thought was really cool. We had 8:30 reservations, and were seated promptly.

Tables are a bit close together and there are no fine linens for table cloths, but vinyl knock offs which gave the table the feel of a bbq joint. I understand the easy cleanup concept, but this is just not the place for it. The condensation from your glass left beads of water on your table that you were forced to wipe up with your napkin soaking it down over time.

The wait staff was fairly attentive but lacked the sophistication of fine dining. Understandable, seeing where it is possible that it is more difficult to find staff that far north of the city. I imagine they had to pull from the local Longhorns/ Applebees pool of talent. I ordered my steak medium rare plus which I have ordered at many steakhouses across the country, but this was the first time I’ve been told that the chef said that that was a “food network” temperature order and made famous by them. My first thought was; that I’ve been ordering that way long before the food network. My second thought was; “isn’t the food network where all the professional, famous super chefs hang out?”

We ordered the Mozzarella Grille for appetizer, which is Fresh Mozzarella wrapped in Proscuitto and Romaine that was grilled with a with Balsamic Glaze and Tomato Concasse. Dish was simple, elegant with light subtle flavors. Delicious, turned out to be the best dish of the night. My wife had the lobster bisque which she said was nothing wow but as it should be and good. I ordered the Long-Bone Tomahawk Ribeye. This is a 48 oz steak. I didn’t want 48 oz but the bone in ribeye was a 20 oz. I wanted something in between but those were the only two ribeye choices. This thing was huge. The long bone is more of a gimmick and everyone in the restaurant looks when it comes out. I had no idea or I would have passed on it but only to my dog’s dismay. Steak came prepared medium rare and rare toward to the bone. They missed the plus or chose to ignore it. I will say that short of being a Bobby Flay, I don’t think anyone could get a piece of meat that big consistent throughout. So kudos to the chef for what he did accomplish. The cut was decent and you could tell it had been aged. It could have been seasoned a bit more and didn’t really have much going for it other than being a decent cut, huge, and a spectacle. My wife ordered the filet, which she said was a little dry and bland. We had the creamed spinach side and mashed potatoes. Both were good on an average scale. We didn’t have desert but saw several pass by and they looked tempting, again huge pieces of cheesecake, bread pudding, etc.
If you want a huge steak and dessert or your tired of Outback, this is the place for you. If you’re looking for fine dining, steer south to Charlotte, Dillworth, or South Park area.

1  Thank frederick b

fred b
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I enjoyed reading the many reviews you have written. Your title“On the Edge of Fine Dining” is where we like to place ourselves. Don't get me wrong, I love fine dining, but we position ourselves as a local upscale restaurant with outstanding food quality and a reasonable price. Although we serve the same quality aged beef as our higher brow and higher priced brothers like Capital Grill, Mortons and Del Frisco's, Epic Chophouse is still a local gem that we want to be affordable and approachable to our neighborhood and guests. Many of our team members have been with us since we opened 4 years ago. Our goal has always been to try and provide jobs to the local community. We have a staff of over 65 and I am proud to say most are from a 5 mile radius from our restaurant.

I enjoy hearing from our experienced diners, You mentioned several items that I brought to our daily lineups that have helped us to continue to hone our skills. You mentioned in your review to dine in South Charlotte, Dilworth and South Park for fine dining. Now that you know how deep our commitment is to our community and that we don't pretend to be " Fine Dining", I hope you will try Epic again when you are in Mooresville. When you do join us again, I would enjoy the opportunity to meet you. With your experiences in dining and your keen eye, I could gain much from your feed back. With your patronage, I can continue to add to the more then $35,000 we contributed to the local area charities.

Hope your Dog Loved his bone! Looks like you have a very happy pooch.

Owner/ Epic Chophouse