“Epic Chophouse is Epic :)”
Review of Epic Chophouse

Epic Chophouse
Ranked #6 of 287 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A wonderful locally owned traditional New York / Chicago Chophouse in a historic Circa 1888 two-story building in the center of downtown historic Mooresville. The menu is quite diverse offering Great 30 day aged certified USDA Choice corn-fed beef, fresh seafood, pastas, salads and other house specialties. We pour a generous 8oz glass of wine, a true 16oz pint of craft beer and an unbelievable 2oz premium pour in all of our mixed drinks. Stop by and experience why our service and food have earned us the name Epic Chophouse. Reservations are recommended but not required. Please use the complimentary Valet right in front of the restaurant. The restaurant is open 5 - 10 pm Monday - Thursday, 5 - 11 pm Friday and Saturday, and 5 - 9 pm on Sunday. Brunch is served from 10:30 am - 2:30 pm on Sunday. The bar is open 4 - 10 pm Sunday - Thursday and 4 pm - 12 am Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband and I were just walking around in downtown Mooresville and stumbled on Epic Chophouse. Found the name interesting and decided to walk in. The ambiance is pleasant, the staff really courteous, smart and helpful. We loved the service. Inspite of a packed place, we did not have to wait for too long for our food. Primarily a place that serves a variety of wine, they do have many beers as well. We ordered a Duck Confit Cigars and Sesame and Wasabi Seared Tuna. Both dishes were presented extremely well ans tasted equally good. The Duck Confit Cigars were served with 3 different kinds of sauces, which was really nice. Though we like our fish to be cooked a certain way, we enjoyed the Seared Tuna. It was cooked as the dish should be! All in all a warm experience. Would surely go back there again.

1  Thank Nilisha_M
JimM809, Owner at Epic Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Nilisha_M
What a nice review. Thank you for supporting and dining Local. Look forward to your return!

Thank you again!
Owner/Epic Chophouse

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Epic Chophouse seems to have a fantastic reputation, and so we were very much looking forward to our first meal there. While I did enjoy my steak, it was not any better than I marinade and grill at home (it was also medium to medium-well as opposed to the medium-rare I requested, but at the time it would take to correct and the waste, I did not raise this issue-- they were quite busy). My husband was very eager to try their chicken pot pie, whose presentation was quite impressive-- however, the taste was the epitome of bland… impressively so, when considering all of the visible ingredients (I tried it when he stated as such, and agreed completely). He ate very little of it as he had had a large lunch, and wanted to get it home to add spices. When he ate the remainders for lunch the next day, he found several bones in the pieces of chicken in the entree. Had he discovered these while in the restaurant, of course, he would have sent it back very unhappily. For dessert I had their 6-layer chocolate and vanilla cake. Again, highly impressive presentation. The inter-layer frosting and ganache were very good, but the cake itself tastes spot-on for box mix… I expect much more than spruced-up Betty Crocker at such a price and reputation. For two glasses of water, a (medium-level) steak, a pot pie and one desert totaling nearly $60, I expect much more than this. I will say, however, the service was very good and I do commend them on that-- they had quite the army of waitstaff on the floor. Still, for an establishment of such price and reputation, we expected something, well, Epic, and were quite disappointed to find this Chophouse to be all style and little substance. Unfortunately, we will be continuing our search for fine dining in Mooresville.

3  Thank Emily R
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have eaten at the Epic Chophouse in Mooresville, NC several times and have always had a memorable experience. The wait staff and owners go out of their way to make the evening very special and one to long remember.

JimM809, Owner at Epic Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Wow, thank you for your Kind Comments. We look forward to your return!

Warmest Regards
Owner/Epic Chophouse

Reviewed May 28, 2014

For that special occasion, or just a casual meal.This is the place. It will not disappoint.A wonderful setting and atmosphere, it is a definite must place to go.

ukdiver311,
Thank you again for your review. Glad we are part of the Locals favorites!

Great & Safe Diving to you!
Owner/Epic Chophouse & Chillfire Bar & Grill

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Some of the best prime rib I have ever eaten. All of their offerings are exceptional, from the appitizers & entres to their dessrets. Highly recommended! The only negative thing that I can say about this restaurant is that it gets quite loud in the dining area with all the people it attracts because their food is so good, so an intimate dinner may not be possible all of the time.

RaceCityResident
I have to agree with you on the sound. It can get a little lively. We are working on that and you should see a difference in a few weeks. Thank you for supporting a Local Business.

Regards