“Best Restaurant in Mooresville”
Review of Epic Chophouse

Epic Chophouse
Ranked #4 of 277 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A wonderful locally owned traditional New York / Chicago Chophouse in a historic Circa 1888 two-story building in the center of downtown historic Mooresville. The menu is quite diverse offering Great 30 day aged certified USDA Choice corn-fed beef, fresh seafood, pastas, salads and other house specialties. We pour a generous 8oz glass of wine, a true 16oz pint of craft beer and an unbelievable 2oz premium pour in all of our mixed drinks. Stop by and experience why our service and food have earned us the name Epic Chophouse. Reservations are recommended but not required. Please use the complimentary Valet right in front of the restaurant. The restaurant is open 5 - 10 pm Monday - Thursday, 5 - 11 pm Friday and Saturday, and 5 - 9 pm on Sunday. Brunch is served from 10:30 am - 2:30 pm on Sunday. The bar is open 4 - 10 pm Sunday - Thursday and 4 pm - 12 am Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Dined there for dinner on Thursday evening. We have also had the pleasure several times previously. The experience begins with free valet service at the front door. We had made reservations for the 4 of us which I recommend. Three of us enjoyed prime rib which we all agreed was perfectly cooked and tasted wonderful. Our guest visiting from the UK had filet mignon felt the same. For appetizers we shared a wedge salad along with orders of tuna and oysters Rockefeller (each were excellent). Nice wine and cocktail offerings. The service was superb ( had main server along with associate). We dined downstairs which can get somewhat loud. However, they also have an upstairs dining room which is much quieter and less lively if you prefer.

We live in the Mooresville area yet travel and visit many different restaurants regularly. If you are looking for a great food (especially steak and seafood) along with a dining experience (service and atmosphere) we highly recommend Epic Chophouse. That said it can get very busy, especially on weekends and holidays so make reservations and enjoy.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I went for the first time to celebrate our anniversary thinking it was like the upscale restaurants downtown Charlotte. Could not have been more wrong. This place is louder than a Chuck E Cheeses on a Saturday!! The server if that's what you want to call him had to lean into our face and we had to yell our order to him. After that we didn't get any service from him. He was to busy with a party a few table's over. My husband had to ask him three times to bring his soda, well when we could catch him going to the kitchen.

that's where our "romantic dinner" table was by the kitchen. So I'm continously getting my chair bumped and trays waved by my head!! By the way our server was an older man with white feathered hair, you eighties people know what I'm talking about.
I'll leave on a good note. The blonde lady, maybe a food runner did offer to help us a lot. The food is awesome.

3  Thank mkjpellis
Reviewed March 9, 2014

After visiting Mooresville i was told that I had to go to Epic Chophouse. I have had steaks at many places across the united states so i wasnt ready to be impressed. I loved the atmosphere.. service but the steak was amazing.. Among the top 5 filet cuts i have ever had.
We enjoyed Epic so much. Will be back again soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is the place to get the best of what you fancy: meat, fish, seafood, appetizers, dessert, drinks and wine. Decor and service are top. Lobster tails appetizer, large Porkchop, Blackened Tilapia & crab, Tomahawk ribeye, Hawaiian or Bakek Crab Cakes and last but not least teh Sicilian Veal Chop are all excellent and always good quality and cooked right on.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have eaten at Epic multiple times and always had a perfect meal and great service. For appetizers their cheese bread is amazing. They have a great bacon honey mustard house salad dressing. Their mac n cheese is great and so are their other pasta, seafood and steaks.
Would definitely make a reservation. Even on week nights they can be busy.