“An Oasis Off Drab I 77”

Epic Chophouse
Ranked #4 of 265 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A wonderful locally owned traditional New York / Chicago Chophouse in a historic Circa 1888 two-story building in the center of downtown historic Mooresville. The menu is quite diverse offering Great 30 day aged certified USDA Choice corn-fed beef, fresh seafood, pastas, salads and other house specialties. We pour a generous 8oz glass of wine, a true 16oz pint of craft beer and an unbelievable 2oz premium pour in all of our mixed drinks. Stop by and experience why our service and food have earned us the name Epic Chophouse. Reservations are recommended but not required. Please use the complimentary Valet right in front of the restaurant. The restaurant is open 5 - 10 pm Monday - Thursday, 5 - 11 pm Friday and Saturday, and 5 - 9 pm on Sunday. Brunch is served from 10:30 am - 2:30 pm on Sunday. The bar is open 4 - 10 pm Sunday - Thursday and 4 pm - 12 am Friday and Saturday.
London Canada
“An Oasis Off Drab I 77”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

What a find! After an afternoon on I 77 Epic is a mere 2 miles off this interminable highway. A relaxing, first class steakhouse with fine food and service to match. Quite a contrast from the Golden Coral that was glowing at us from our highway hotel. Epic almost makes interstate travel worthwhile.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Epic Chophouse”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Epic Chophouse is in North Carolina is a must if you are ever in Mooresville NC.
The service was excellent, food with wine pairing was incredible and the deserts were fantastic.
The atmosphere is old town, with a splash of modern open style dining. There is a lot or room between tables. Though it can get a little loud at the bar (it bleeds over int the main dining area) it is style easy to hear conversations at your table. There is valet parking. I strongly recommend making a reservation. The seating fills up quickly and you will be left at the bar or waiting area for a while.

• Visited October 2013
North, South Carolina
“Super Everything”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had been wanting to try this restaurant as I love going to downtown Mooresville to look at the antique and other shops. Well, I was not disappointed. The service is 5 star. Seriously, great staff. The food was delicious. I recommend the Shanhai Shrimp, it is actually a step above the Bang Bang shrimp at another popular restaurant. Everything we had was great. I will be returning again soon.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank familylady99
Palm city
“Quality food, and friendly staff make for a great experience.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I truly enjoyed our dining experience here. The food quality and presentation were top notch. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The atmosphere was very pleasent.

Visited September 2013
York, PA
“Delicious night out in Lake Norman, NC”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

While in town for my brother's wedding, we found the Epic Chophouse; and it lived up to its name in every sense of the word. Our group of seven tried the spinach & brie dip along with the appetizer of the night: the Shanghai Shrimp. In addition to the table-side bread baskets, our appetites were stimulated and there was enough to go round for our large group. Each of us ordered a different dish, including a few starter soups and salads...the lobster bisque is first-rate and large enough for two or three people. For the entrees, my tilapia with crab was divine. Perfectly portioned, too. I ate every bite! Also of note: the hawaiian ribeye, the slow-roasted prime rib and the filet. The beef dishes provided large take-home portions and seemingly the fish dishes were perfectly portioned for dinner. No leftovers! Service was spot-on. Also - one last note on dress. Being that we were on vacation, our group was casually dressed and we fit in well with others in the restaurant. Some were more business casual, while others were more casual. It was a memorable night. Would recommend to anyone vacationing in the Lake Norman area.

• Visited September 2013