“Excellent Food and Atmosphere”
Review of Epic Chophouse

Epic Chophouse
Ranked #3 of 264 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A wonderful locally owned traditional New York / Chicago Chophouse in a historic Circa 1888 two-story building in the center of downtown historic Mooresville. The menu is quite diverse offering Great 30 day aged certified USDA Choice corn-fed beef, fresh seafood, pastas, salads and other house specialties. We pour a generous 8oz glass of wine, a true 16oz pint of craft beer and an unbelievable 2oz premium pour in all of our mixed drinks. Stop by and experience why our service and food have earned us the name Epic Chophouse. Reservations are recommended but not required. Please use the complimentary Valet right in front of the restaurant. The restaurant is open 5 - 10 pm Monday - Thursday, 5 - 11 pm Friday and Saturday, and 5 - 9 pm on Sunday. Brunch is served from 10:30 am - 2:30 pm on Sunday. The bar is open 4 - 10 pm Sunday - Thursday and 4 pm - 12 am Friday and Saturday.
Cincinnati
“Excellent Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Fantastic food. Great service and the atmosphere was perfect. Great selection on the menu. Definitely will be going back. (6 person date night with my two brothers and our wives...perfect!!!)

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tminges
JimM809, Owner at Epic Chophouse, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Lindsey,
That is not the way we like dining experiences to go. There are so many questions I have for you. Is there anyway that you could reach out to me by either email-jim@epicchophouse.com or phone Cell 704-890-3820. There is so much I could learn from your experience. Your first experience is what we strive for. Reading your second response almost made me think you ate at another restaurant. I thank you for your true concern for my business. Thank you for the time in posting your experience it is very through and I will look for the disconnect in my business from your first visit to your most current one. I look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards
Jim Morasso
Owner Epic Chophouse

• Korean first
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Not all that great”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Being new to the area we are trying out all sorts of local restaurants. This one came well recommended but for me it was disappointing. A Friday night, we had called for a reservation but were seated upstairs in the dining area there which has about as much atmosphere as an empty football field. Despite being only half full up there I was constantly jostled in my chair by waitstaff serving the nearby tables.
Our meals which included the most expensive cut of fillet on the menu were lack luster. The veg that accompanied them swimming in a cold watery butter. The steak was OK but not great.
The bread that came with the meal was served with a revolting whipped butter and when I asked for some "regular" butter I was told there was none available in the kitchen. After questioning that, a bottle of olive oil was rather unceremoniously dumped on our table in lieu of real butter instead.
Coffees were ordered. One came piping hot, the other was stone cold.
On the whole not impressed and would be hard pressed to risk the $$$ to go back.

JimM809, Owner at Epic Chophouse, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Marie O.
We often do an outstanding job and it is not often that we fall short. I love that you have a history of writing reviews in TripAdvisor. It tells me that you are a serious diner and like to share your experience. I wish that you would have asked for myself, my partner or one of our floor managers with your concerns and comments because they are very helpful. The building is very large and we try and celebrate the Vintage 1888 feel of the place. Each area has its own charm but that is very much interpreted differently by each of our guests. I would enjoy talking with you about your experiences. Fortunately I have never heard similar opportunities from other reviews but even more fortunate for Epic is that you let me know about your dining experience. I hope that nest time we will move from " Not All That Great" to "Outstanding!" Please ask for me when you return.

Thank you for your constructive comments
Jim Morasso
Owner / General Manager
Epic Chophouse
Mooresville, North Carolina
“disappointed with food and service”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have eaten at the Chophouse before and had a good experience. Tonight, Father's Day, the wait staff all seemed rushed and not very experienced. Our food was cold and not very tasty at all. I would not give them a very good rating for the food we received tonight. We ordered prime rib and it was delivered to the table cold and at best just "chewy". I saw at least 4 items delivered to other tables that were returned. I supposed it was due to wrong items delivered. The wait staff seemed confused and perhaps they were "new". This was not a good experience for our family.

Mooresville, North Carolina
“Gorgeous and Wonderful”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have to disagree with a comment regarding " expensive but good". I really think it's very fair priced. They have wines by the glass for a little as 4.75 and a fantastic sirloin for under or around 15.00. I really think it is the best food in town and rivals Charleston or Savannah Rest. I always get the " carpet bagger" app. and it is divine. Filet, asparagus, oyster fried , and a hollandaise sauce. Goat cheese fried atop a bed of greens , or spinach dip , or the lobster martini , its all great. Dinners are about 15-20 and you get large portions. The mac and cheese and creamy grits are to die for. On my last visit the entire staff were helpful and polite and our service was exceptional. enjoy!

North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive but Good”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Food here is extremely good. It is on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for, good food, good atmosphere, valet parking, etc. Glad to have a restaurant like this in Mooresville. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013