“Awesome!”

Epic Chophouse
Ranked #4 of 267 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A wonderful locally owned traditional New York / Chicago Chophouse in a historic Circa 1888 two-story building in the center of downtown historic Mooresville. The menu is quite diverse offering Great 30 day aged certified USDA Choice corn-fed beef, fresh seafood, pastas, salads and other house specialties. We pour a generous 8oz glass of wine, a true 16oz pint of craft beer and an unbelievable 2oz premium pour in all of our mixed drinks. Stop by and experience why our service and food have earned us the name Epic Chophouse. Reservations are recommended but not required. Please use the complimentary Valet right in front of the restaurant. The restaurant is open 5 - 10 pm Monday - Thursday, 5 - 11 pm Friday and Saturday, and 5 - 9 pm on Sunday. Brunch is served from 10:30 am - 2:30 pm on Sunday. The bar is open 4 - 10 pm Sunday - Thursday and 4 pm - 12 am Friday and Saturday.
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

A huge gem in a small downtown location. Excellent experience from ambiance to food for half the price of Capital Grille! Can't wait to return.

4 Thank Umarli

• Korean first
Asheville, North Carolina
“Huge Portions”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Restaurant was kind enough to accommodate our 8 adults and 5 children to celebrate my husband's milestone birthday. My husband had been to this restaurant multiple times and so since we would be in the area- I planned the birthday celebration there. Portions are enormous- so order carefully. We sampled the NY Strip, Filet Mignon and Lobster. Steaks were slightly overcooked and not as flavorful as I expected given all of the personal recommendations. We ordered mac and cheese for the kids which was very good, and other side dishes were very good. If you like "real" bleu cheese, order the wedge salad. For me it was a little strong as I am not a huge bleu cheese aficionado. Overall, good but not outstanding. Honestly, if I had to do this over, I would have selected a different restaurant- was disappointed for the price. We do not live in this area and made a special trip to eat here.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank NavyFootballFan
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Great Experience”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

From the time we entered, and until we left we were well taken care of. You felt like you were the only people in the very busy place. The waiter was very helpfull and attentive to our needs. The food was excellent. The only negative I would have is that it is too noisey, but that I guess is to be expected when you take an old building, used to be a furniture store many years ago, and turn it into a restaurant. Maybe they could put some kind of material on the walls and ceiling to absorb the noise.

3 Thank FishingFool62
Harmony, North Carolina
“Our current FAVORITE restaurant”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We've had dinner here four times now and each time was spectacular. I love the atmosphere and especially the food. The staff is extremely attentive and everything we have tasted has been top notch. We drive about 45 minutes to eat here; it is a trip. I love the lobster tempura; I couldn't make it less expensively at home. For what you get, this restaurant is a value. If you need a luxurious treat of a meal, go here.

3 Thank 1812HitchingPost
Sherrills Ford, North Carolina
“A fantastic place to celebrate”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband and I made our first visit to Epic Chophouse last night in celebration of our 37th wedding anniversary and were very impressed. Although a busy Saturday night, we were seated right away. Our waitress, Tara, took excellent care of us throughout. I had the chicken cordon bleu and my husband had the lamb chops. The servings were enormous and very tasty. We also enjoyed the atmosphere of the old building, the music, etc. The place is certainly lively and later arrivals did have to wait to be seated, but it was great to see so much activity on Main Street. If you go, order the bread pudding for dessert. Not only is it the best bread pudding I've ever had, the serving is enough to feed several people! We will definitely be returning.

2 Thank Carolyn A