“Fresh strawberries and produce”
Review of Carrigan Farms

Carrigan Farms
Ranked #5 of 40 things to do in Mooresville
More attraction details
Owner description: Carrigan Farms is the premier outdoor wedding venue in the Charlotte area. Situated on the water, our rock quarry's combination of majestic cliffs and white sand are breathtaking. Additionally, Carrigan Farms specializes in growing fresh fruits and vegetables. Every May, the farm's strawberry fields are open to the public for strawberry picking. Every September, the farm's apple orchard is open to the public for apple picking, and every October the farm has acres and acres of pumpkins growing. Be sure to visit in October with your family for an old fashioned hayride to the pumpkin patch and pick your Halloween pumpkin right from the vine!For ages 12 and above, Carrigan Farms hosts a spine-tingling haunted trail, Scarrigan Farms, each Friday, Saturday and Sunday night in October. We hope to see you at the farm soon!Sincerely, The Carrigan Farms Family
Mooresville, North Carolina
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Fresh strawberries and produce”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This farm has fresh asparagus for sale in April-May.. then strawberries in May-June to buy or pick your own. Later in the season they sell tomatoes and other produce from a roadside stand.
Basic produce farm but they also have an outdoor facility for parties and weddings.. although I haven't been to any events there.

Visited June 2013

Gastonia, North Carolina
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Carrigan Farms more than a farm- great wedding venue etc”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I should have written this a year ago, but what the heck, I am back. We used this venue for an amazing outdoor wedding for my daughter. They prepared the food, set it all up, made us all feel welcome and at home. The weather was wonderful (I think they have an inside track). Highly recommend you take a look, for weddings/special get together of many sizes. Water, rocks, greenery, this cannot be beat, just take a look. Was truly memorable.

Visited August 2012
North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“My not-so-perfect wedding day”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I hate to be a Debbie Downer and write a "somewhat" negative post about Carrigan Farms, but my experience wasn't quite as perfect as some of the other reviewers. My husband and I were married at the Quarry in Sept. 2012. We saw pictures of the place before we decided to meet with one of the owners and we fell in love. The place itself is absolutely gorgeous, and we made our decision based on that alone. Big mistake.
As far as customer service, it sucked. It was like pulling teeth to get a response or any information we needed to get things in place after we gave them our deposit. I almost feel like because we didn't do the more elegant "night time" wedding with $8,000 in additional upgraded features that they didn't really care what we did or how we did it. Regardless, I paid quite a bit of money to Carrigan Farms and no one helped with anything....no one helped set up the tables, no one helped with cleaning, not one of the staff members (or the owner) told my husband and I congratulations. I was told after the wedding that the owner was rude to the lady who delivered our cake and to a few of my guests.
As much money as I paid for the wedding and gratuity, a simple thank you card or congratulations would have also been nice. Instead, they rushed us out very rudely and told us we had to pack up and get out so that THEY could set up for the next wedding. When we asked if they could help us set up my wedding, we were told that they did not have time....hmm.
Keep in mind, they do not have any bathrooms, only portajohns. Also, they do not have any air conditioned area for you or your wedding parties to change or wait for the wedding to begin. It was 95 degrees the day we got married and we were all dripping sweat before we even walked down the aisle....not pretty for wedding pictures!
Trying to set up a wedding rehearsal was a nightmare since they have weddings pretty much everyday IF you get a rehearsal, they only give you about 30 min. When we asked about a rehearsal, we were told...you don't need one, a lot of people don't have them.
Needless to say, I was very disappointed. My wedding day was still beautiful because I married my best friend, but if I had the option to go back in time, I would not have had my wedding here. I don't want to discourage anyone, because it is a beautiful place...but if you aren't going to be spending $15,000 or more, don't expect superb customer service.

Visited September 2012
35 Thank Emarie21
Mooresville, North Carolina
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fun for groups”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have been here several times as a chaperone for school trips and a church group. We always have fun. Going at night is a real treat when you can have a camp fire. I've heard the swimming quarry is great for teens but haven't experienced that yet.

Davidson, North Carolina
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“pumpkins”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

it is a very small farm. not much to see really. maybe weekends are better? great pumpkins! good place to take fall pictures.

Visited October 2011