“Mooresville NC-NASCAR AREA”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Mooresville
Winter Springs, Florida
“Mooresville NC-NASCAR AREA”
Reviewed July 29, 2009

We stayed two nights in this hotel. Very nice hotel. Room was very nice. Bed was great!! After being on the road since 6:00 am this bed felt great. Everyone was great from the time we walked into the door until we left. We left early in the morning and the free breakfast was not yet open but a lady at the front desk told us to go in and have something to eat before we left. This was great and often do you hear that at a hotel. This is a great hotel if you want to see anything and everything that has to do with NASCAR. Would stay here again. This hotel is also close to a busy road(150) and we could not hear the traffic. A great plus.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Tyler08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 18, 2009

My trip to Mooresville began when my truck broke down a mile south of the city. I had to walk back to town so I chose this hotel as it is right beside the exit. The desk staff was very friendly and never questioned the fact that I was using my mother's credit card. They even recommended a mechanic to me.

I stayed here for three nights in July '09.

The level of care from the staff can only be compared to what I have received at 5 star hotels such as the Omni William Penn.

The only problem I had was with a room change. I switched from 304 to 303 because I booked my third night last minute. I upgraded to a King Suite at no additional charge. The problem was that this new room did not have a flat screen TV.

Also, my last night was very loud as there were a couple hundred black people staying there for a family reunion. They didn't bother me personally but I felt claustrophobic and they ate all of the breakfast in the morning.

To the reviewer complaining about the smoking policy: The policy is clearly stated on signs in your guestroom and in the lobby. The hotel cannot protect itself from the ignorance of illiterate guests.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank mgoudy85
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Great stay here. Friendly staff, easy on and off location to interstate. Close to lots of attractions and beautiful Lake Norman. Rooms were clean and spacious. The beds were soooo comfortable! The free continental breakfast was much more than any of us expected: Danishes, muffins, cereals, toast, english muffins, fresh fruit, egg sandwiches, freshly made belgium waffles, coffees, teas and juices to select from. WOW! We really enjoyed our stay here and will stay here again. Also, a small pool, exercise room and free internet is available.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Mickeymotto
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 15, 2009

My family and I made an overnight stop in Mooresville and decided to stay here because it was the first place we saw other than a Days Inn. Our room was clean and the beds were comfy. We also took advantage of the complimentary breakfast the next morning which added to the value of the hotel. Staff was very friendly which made the place very welcoming and comfortable. Would definitely recomend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We spent one night on our way home from Charlotte airport. The hotel couldn't be any closer to the interstate. We were worried about noise, but you really can't hear much traffic noise once inside the hotel. Check-in was quick and easy. The hotel lobby was welcoming and comfortable. Room was as expected, simple desk, TV, chair, and two beds. The bedding and mattress were extremely comfortable. Had a choice of several pillows on each bed. The bathroom was clean and updated. Plenty of towels were provided. The hotel is close to a shopping center and a large variety of restaurants. The free breakfast was great. In addition to the normal juices, bagels, danishes, cereal, yogurt, etc. they also offered some hot foods. Oatmeal, breakfast biscuits of several varieties, and make-your-own belgian waffles. The kids gave the hotel, especially the breakfast buffet, a big thumbs up as well. Would stay here again when passing through on I-77.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
DAISY1944
Reviewed November 28, 2008

I was very tired when I checked in.The desk clerk was very nice. At no time was I informed that it was a smokefree room and that I would be charged an additional fee upon check out if I smoked.
I went in and yes I did smoke a cigarette or 2. When I got home I discovered that I had been billed an additional $250.. I am very disappointed and am really unable to pay that amount as I am on Social Security Disability and was traveling to visit a very sick friend. I have gone on the web site and cannot find anywhere that states there would be a charge if you smoked in a room designated as NON SMOKING. I do not travel much and have not had this particular thing happen to me. I would be much happier if they would adjust this charge. Be Aware my friend, If they can do this they can do anything. I would think the law would state that they have to advise you of a Fee to be paid and would have to notify you prior to charging your credit card.

I guess my advice would be to ASK? ASK? ASK? if you need to know anything such as their smoking policy and do not take anything for granted. Otherwise it was a nice motel.

• Disliked — The additional $250. CHARGE WHEN I GOT HOME
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank DAISY1944
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2008

I stayed here last weekend as part of a wedding. The rates were very reasonable and the location is super easy - right off the highway.

Check-in was quick and the staff was very nice. I was given a room on the 3rd floor with a king sized bed. The bed and bedding looked quite new and comfortable, but I realized in the morning that it was a tad too soft for me so my back hurt a little. The bathroom was ok - a little dated. The shower worked well with a lot of hot water. The TV got decent channels too so I was able to watch some football as I got ready for the wedding.

In the lobby is a computer/printer so I was able to check-in for my flight early. I didn't try the breakfast - one morning I went out and ont he other I left too early in the am for my flight.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends