“Excellent Stay”

Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Mooresville
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We spent one night on our way home from Charlotte airport. The hotel couldn't be any closer to the interstate. We were worried about noise, but you really can't hear much traffic noise once inside the hotel. Check-in was quick and easy. The hotel lobby was welcoming and comfortable. Room was as expected, simple desk, TV, chair, and two beds. The bedding and mattress were extremely comfortable. Had a choice of several pillows on each bed. The bathroom was clean and updated. Plenty of towels were provided. The hotel is close to a shopping center and a large variety of restaurants. The free breakfast was great. In addition to the normal juices, bagels, danishes, cereal, yogurt, etc. they also offered some hot foods. Oatmeal, breakfast biscuits of several varieties, and make-your-own belgian waffles. The kids gave the hotel, especially the breakfast buffet, a big thumbs up as well. Would stay here again when passing through on I-77.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman

Reviewed November 28, 2008

I was very tired when I checked in.The desk clerk was very nice. At no time was I informed that it was a smokefree room and that I would be charged an additional fee upon check out if I smoked.
I went in and yes I did smoke a cigarette or 2. When I got home I discovered that I had been billed an additional $250.. I am very disappointed and am really unable to pay that amount as I am on Social Security Disability and was traveling to visit a very sick friend. I have gone on the web site and cannot find anywhere that states there would be a charge if you smoked in a room designated as NON SMOKING. I do not travel much and have not had this particular thing happen to me. I would be much happier if they would adjust this charge. Be Aware my friend, If they can do this they can do anything. I would think the law would state that they have to advise you of a Fee to be paid and would have to notify you prior to charging your credit card.

I guess my advice would be to ASK? ASK? ASK? if you need to know anything such as their smoking policy and do not take anything for granted. Otherwise it was a nice motel.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank DAISY1944
Reviewed October 21, 2008

I stayed here last weekend as part of a wedding. The rates were very reasonable and the location is super easy - right off the highway.

Check-in was quick and the staff was very nice. I was given a room on the 3rd floor with a king sized bed. The bed and bedding looked quite new and comfortable, but I realized in the morning that it was a tad too soft for me so my back hurt a little. The bathroom was ok - a little dated. The shower worked well with a lot of hot water. The TV got decent channels too so I was able to watch some football as I got ready for the wedding.

In the lobby is a computer/printer so I was able to check-in for my flight early. I didn't try the breakfast - one morning I went out and ont he other I left too early in the am for my flight.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 31, 2007

We stayed here as a stop over enroute south. You can always trust the Marriot chain. The hotel is getting some updates, and they clearly had a sign in the lobby stating it. We checked in late, and they were very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and the beds were excellent. Breakfast was fine with a variety of foods.

The only "problem" i would say was a missing picture over one bed and the tub was chipped in many places. When checking out they mentioned it would be taken care of in during their updates once completed.

Great location, great place. I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2007

Was in Mooresville on business and the Fairfield Inn was very conveniently located right off the highway exit and close to all business. It is also located in the heart of Nascar USA. There are numerous restaurants and shopping also within walking distance.
The staff were very polite and overly friendly. Most accomodating with local information.
I have seen better maintained rooms, but for a Fairfield Inn...I did not anticipate anything more. The room looked a little tired from use, but everything was there and in working order. I even had a microwave and refrigerator in my room!
Continental breakfast was great, but the coffee tasted terrible.
Overall, good value for the money.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank fjon
Reviewed April 2, 2007

Great location, clean rooms, friendly staff, good price, great breakfast. We stopped here overnight between vacation spot and home. Everything was as expected.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2007

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Mooresville last month, and I will definitely go back again!! Check in was very courteous and when we got to our room it was immaculate. It was obvious this was a property where the staff took pride in all that they do. We had a personal issue, and the General Manager, Kim, could not have been more helpful,(thanks again!!) And not being familiar with the area, we were so pleased with the location! Everything we could have possibly needed was a stones throw away, from a variety of restuarants to all our shopping needs.. It was very easy to find , as it was convenient to I-77, so we didnt have to go out of way. We couldnt be more satisfied with our experience here and will definitely be coming again as our favored stop over spot through our travels!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple