“Not the best Fairfield”

Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Mooresville
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed there recently on the way south. Hotel is older and pretty tired but must say it was clean.
Other than that usual Fairfield amenities.
Probably the worst issue is that it's darn difficult to find...exiting I-77 and turning left and then trying to find the sign (the hotel is on the right side of the street which is one busy 4 laner) which is the size of a table placemat is frustrating to say the least...and then figuring out how to go the various restaurants in the area is another challenge even with a GPS...must say I made it to Applebees and it was very good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Tonya T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

I want to thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn during your recent trip to our area. We are located off Interstate 77 at exit 36. The hotel is tucked quietly off highway 150 with state directional signs pointing the way. We have several restuarants in our shopping complex including Applebees, Pomodoros Italian, Shiki's, CiCi's, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Popey's and Eiko Habachi Grill. Our guest can enjoy several shops or enjoy movie which are in walking to the hotel. I appreciate your feedback in regards to your stay and we hope to see you again in the future. Sincerely-Tonya Thompson

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed at Fairfield Inn in Mooresville, North Carolina for 2 nights, December 7th and 8th, 2012 with a group there for an event at Davidson College. Very reasonable rates, near a great shopping center and close to gas stations and conveniently located just off of Route 77. A little tricky to find since it's easy to pass the turnoff once you get off the highway so be careful. Clean and nice sized rooms, delightful staff with a special shoutout to April at the front desk!! A marvelous area for breakfast in the morning with a wonderful array of fruits, cereals, and hot selections...great coffee!

Room Tip: I never like to stay on the ground floor...we stayed on 3 and quite convenient to elevators which we...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My family stayed at the Mooresville Fairfield Inn for two nights for a family event. The only downside I've found: it is not very visible from Hwy 105, which is the direction we came from (not from I-77). I had to drive around some shopping center parking lots and service roads before I could get to it's parking lot. Once there, we found it to be a very good place to stay. All rooms are interior, it has a clean and modern look and feel to it. I reserved a double queen bed room for $89 and it was clean and spacious. The room was very quiet, even though we could see I-77 from our window. Very comfortable beds. Clean bathroom, nice microwave and fridge and it had an LCD TV (we didn't watch it). Breakfast was decent, with waffles you prepare yourself and biscuits you can microwave. I used the fitness room, which was not bad at all. It has two treadmiils, a crosstrainer, a step machine and a stationary cycle. The treadmills and crosstrainer had mini-TV's mounted on them that you can watch while using the equipment, which is a nice touch. Staff was friendly and I had no issues there. In fact, I was happy that when I asked, my Marriot rewards points were applied to my stay as I checked out. Some hotels give you a problem applying rewards points when you check out, and when you didn't make the reservation. This time there appeared to be no issues with that. We usually stay with family in Mooresville, but I would definitely consider staying at the Fairfield Inn again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Tonya T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear AppsFan,

Thank you for your fabulous comments in reference to your recent stay at our Faifield Inn. We are tucked back from the main road in Mooresville and directly off Interstate 77. Our guest find the location of the hotel litle difficult to find but appreciate that it is a quiet location in which they can enjoy a restfull night sleep. Our rooms are spacious and offer upgraded amenities that everyone can enjoy. We pride ourself in the clealiness of the rooms and the staff works hard to give you an experience that will make you want to return. I am glad that you had opportunity to enjoy our well equipped work out room. As you found, our equipment is state of the art. Our guest enjoy the deluxe complimentary breakfast in the morning with hot breakfast sandwiches, make your own waffles, danish, muffins, assorted cereals and much more. I am glad that we could process your Marriott Reward points. I know how important they are to our traveling guest. Again, I appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your return trip to our area.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice and clean room and hotel overall. Check-in staff was nice and informative. Paid $91 for a standard one king room, but room was spacious overall all and all amenities were updated. I thought it was a bit hard to find but only because it is surrounded by other hotels and restaurants so could blend in. I would stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Tonya T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Ryan, Thank you for your business. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to give you the service that will make you want to return. The staff works hard to welcome every guest and inform them of thing to do around our area. Our rooms are very cozy and allow you to have room to move. Our In-Room amenities include Pantene and Vaseline products and are a nice updated amenity that we are able to provide. Located around several shops, restaurants and entertainment, our guest can enjoy a variety of options just a simple walk away. I appreciate your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We had a kids activity at Mooresville and found this hotel based on the recommendation from the organiser. It is perfectly located in the shopping area with lots of restaurants. It is also close by to Lake Norman. The rooms are very spacious, nicely decorated to cover basic needs and most importantly very clean. Good organized quick breakfast area and outside pool is bonus. Although it is next to the highway it is surpringly quite. If you are around definitely good value choice.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank gyet
Tonya T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for choosing our Fairfield Inn Mooresville Lake Norman for your recent visit to our area. I am pleased to hear that we were able provide you with a room that reflects our highest standard of quality. Our location does provide an arrangement of venues for all families and we are glad that your family was able to enjoy our area. We a appreciate you business and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed there to be close to Lake Norman access. Very pleasant grounds area even though it's in the middle of shopping and restaurants. Clean and comfortable room. Friendly staff and reasonable breakfast. Close to I-77 but was very quiet. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I needed a half-way place to stay between FL and PA and Mooresville, NC was the place so this stay was almost purely for sleep.
As I parked on arrival I noticed a police car parked at the door :/ and the officer talking to one of the desk clerks and it sounded like there was a recent theft being discussed - the hotel seems to be in a safe location, the staff seems to be caring and friendly, and the other guests seemed to be mostly families and I didn't really feel unsafe at all staying there.
The room was clean and the bed was very VERY comfortable. The bathroom was basic with the shower/tub and toilet separate from the sink and vanity. All were clean and worked well. The microwave and fridge looked brand new and I remember thinking that I wished I could have used them!
In the morning the complimentary breakfast was ready at 6am with the usual waffle-maker, fruit, cereal, and juice selections. Not sure what else was offered for breakfast as I was on the road by 6:15. I have no problem recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo