“Excellent Find”

Caruso's
Ranked #6 of 263 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Eastern North Carolina
“Excellent Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Driving to Lake Norman we found ourselves to be very hungry & happened upon Caruso's. Boy are we glad to give it a try. The ambience was very nice but still casual. The service was friendly & attentive.

Nice wine list and full bar. Shared the stuffed mushroom appetizer - yum. My friend and I each had salads which were lovely. Our entrees were delish. I had a pasta dish & my friend had the special (salmon with crab meat). It was all excellent. Very fresh tasting and reasonably priced.

Read on line that someone wouldn't give this delight extra stars because of it's location in a strip mall. They were very foolish - once inside I thought I was in an Italian restaurant in NJ. And that's quite a compliment from me!

2 Thank ncyankee61

Cornelius, NC
“A worthy stop - one of the local good ones!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Pleasant modestly upscale environment, but not overly fancy and well-above-average Italian fare. For a starter, try the calamari - not novel, but crisp and tasty, with a flavorful marinara sauce. I'm a Caesar salad buff, and their is worth trying. Again, not novel or "the best ever", but quite good (and it merits repeats on future visits). Their Zuppa di Pesce is excellent - chock full of good seafood, nicely seasoned. And the Linguini with Scampi works too - a tasty dish. All in all, a good local choice for that special occasion.

• Visited April 2014
swansboro
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

The reviews don't lie, this place is devine at an affordable price. Loved seeing the kids gobble up their food.

1 Thank mitchelllg
“Nice surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband took us there for our 22nd year wedding anniversary. I gave my husband a questioning look as we drove up to a strip mall with, nonetheless pizza and "grubberia" next door.
Don't let that fool you because once indoors, you get an instant feeing of intimacy and warmth. The staff is well trained and so nice.
We went to the bar first for cocktails and the bartender told me she didn't have a cocktail list but could make me anything I wanted. Told her St Germaine and Hendrix were my fave liquors and she concocted a delicious martini using both of them.
We sat down for dinner and started with the lobster crepe for appetizer which was divine. Crispy and light. I'm not a big fan of things with a lot of sauces but it the perfect enhancement. Not too rich; not overwhelming the flavor of the crepe. Just perfect.
My husband ordered a chicken dish he heard so much about. It's not on the menu and they have it only as a special. But when he asked about it, the waiter told us they had some extras he could make for him. We normally never get chicken at restaurants (with so many choices like steak, fresh fish, why? Lol) I'm so glad he did. I don't even remember the name of it but it was in what I think was phyllo wrapped around the chicken. Amazing.
My favorite was the Zuppa de Pesce. Omg. Lobster, scallops and the biggest prawn I've ever seen. I had them switch the sauce to my favorite sauce, Fra Diavolo. It was yummy but as they are so good with mixing of flavors and balancing textures etc, I almost wished I went with what came with the dish. Was curious how that would've been. There will be many next times!
The last thing we got was their lighter version of Tiramisu. It was the best I've ever had! Almonds and amaretto. I was so full but couldn't resist the last bite.
The atmosphere is alright, definitely room for improvement; the food is just stellar and that makes up for it. I thought the pricing was really reasonable for the quality of food and service you got. Definitely a go to!

2 Thank Marcyne T
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Favorite Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We have lived in Mooresville four years now. Nothing compares to this restaurant! Food is excellent! Service is excellent! By far our favorite restaurant! Yes, it is located in a small strip mall next to a noisy bar/restaurant, but once you go inside you walk into another world.

2 Thank BoPeep2014