“Great Little Place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carolina Ribs on the Run - CLOSED

Carolina Ribs on the Run
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kentucky
“Great Little Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

My family left a day early for Hilton Head and decided to stop overnight in Mooresville because it was the half-way point. We decided to eat at Carolina Ribs on the Run based on previous reviews on TripAdvisor. All the reviews were right on! It's a great little restaurant with a great pulled pork sandwich. It's a large sandwich with one side and a drink for a great price. The owners were extremely nice. Mooresville was a great place to stay and the following morning we went to the Lazy 5 Ranch for a couple of hours before heading to the beach. The Lazy 5 was another great find, my family thoroughly enjoyed the visit to the ranch and the wagon ride to the see the animals.

• Visited June 2013

Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Pulled pork is awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

This place has amazing pulled pork! I prefer the hickory bbq sauce or the golden bbq sauce (mustard based). My parents have gotten the ribs and they fall off the bone. Very tender and tasty. If you are super hungry get the pulled pork plate - there is more meat on it than I could ever eat in one sitting, then you get 2 sides and your drink along with it. If you aren't the type to eat that much, get the pulled pork sandwich because it has about half the meat as the plate. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because their sides are just "ok". It's obvious they don't cook their sides from scratch. And if you are southern and are used to green beans being a certain way, this is not it! The potato salad is good, I hear from my mom. There isn't a lot of room to eat inside, but guys who work here are super nice. I would recommend.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Lives up to its reputation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

A must go-to restaurant in the area. We learned of it through word-of-mouth. Everything about it was great. The food was excellent and the service was fast. It appears to be mostly take out food but there are a few tables to sit at. My only negative comment about it is that they stated that they recently raised their rates and I thought the price was a little on the steep side. But after I tried their ribs I was willing to pay the price. Awesome ribs!

• Visited May 2013
Asheville, NC
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stopped by for the first time on Mother's Day after going to The Lazy 5 Ranch for the day. Only one man was working the entire restaurant when we went in and he did a great job. We had pulled pork sandwiches, our sons got the ribs and pulled pork plate. You get to choose what sauce you prefer on your BBQ. My husband and oldest son like more of a vinegar based sauce so they got the Hickory and my youngest son and I got the Honey BBQ. They were both great. I wasn't too keen on the potato salad that I got but the sandwich was so huge that I couldn't even finish it. (My oldest son finished it for me after devouring his ribs)! I'm very picky about BBQ and it was one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. Wish we didn't live almost 2 hours away. I did notice a previous post that someone said it is more of a takeout place but I just wanted to say there is plenty of seating and a couple picnic tables outside. A lot of people did come in to get take out while we were there. That's just a good sign that the locals love it. 4 thumbs up from our family.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank dreamwatcher_deb
Florida
“MoreThan You Can Eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We recently had dinner hear while attending our grandson's soccer tournment. Not only did we have more then we could eat, it was great and the owners did a great job in taking our orders with a bunch of hungry boys. This is a place you got to try if in the area. They owners are great and we need to help them reach their dream.

• Visited March 2013