“Great BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stopped by for the first time on Mother's Day after going to The Lazy 5 Ranch for the day. Only one man was working the entire restaurant when we went in and he did a great job. We had pulled pork sandwiches, our sons got the ribs and pulled pork plate. You get to choose what sauce you prefer on your BBQ. My husband and oldest son like more of a vinegar based sauce so they got the Hickory and my youngest son and I got the Honey BBQ. They were both great. I wasn't too keen on the potato salad that I got but the sandwich was so huge that I couldn't even finish it. (My oldest son finished it for me after devouring his ribs)! I'm very picky about BBQ and it was one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. Wish we didn't live almost 2 hours away. I did notice a previous post that someone said it is more of a takeout place but I just wanted to say there is plenty of seating and a couple picnic tables outside. A lot of people did come in to get take out while we were there. That's just a good sign that the locals love it. 4 thumbs up from our family.

1  Thank dreamwatcher_deb

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We recently had dinner hear while attending our grandson's soccer tournment. Not only did we have more then we could eat, it was great and the owners did a great job in taking our orders with a bunch of hungry boys. This is a place you got to try if in the area. They owners are great and we need to help them reach their dream.

1  Thank Sailor99_10
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were in town for a soccer tournament and I was tipped off to Carolina Ribs on the Run by a neighbor's father in-law who lives in Statesville. I was able to get just about 20 people to agree to make the drive. I called Randy and asked if he could accomodate the party and he assured me he could. We showed up and he had tables reserved for us. He was personable, talked to multiple m,embers of our party at length including me. Service was a little slow b/c it was just Randy and a second person but the food and service was worth the wait. If you are in town, this is a MUST try. Ribs were cooked perfectly, plenty of sauce choices. They are supposed to be moving to a larger location that will only make this place that much better. I'll be back for sure as we pass through on I40. Thanks Randy. Doug

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Carolina Ribs on the Run is what it's name says. Fast, friendly, and delicious foods. The ribs and BBQ are hands down the best BBQ I've ever had, second to my mother's of course. They offer different choices/combos and they even provide coupons via mail, and special offers for being friends with them on Facebook. A half rack of ribs, 2 sides, AND a drink for $9.95, try finding that anywhere else. Even their wings were awesome (Facebook special 50 cents a wing) and I'm never easily persuaded to eat wings from a restaurant. My friend Brittany, from the comment below, stated everything I would state. Consistent, friendly, and they make it positively personal by knowing exactly what you like and what you get. It feels good to be recognized for being a customer, and be rewarded for it too. My boyfriend was a first time customer this past weekend here, and he loved the ribs. Success!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This drop in restaurant has great ribs and pulled pork. First visit the owner apologized that his vendor who delivers the ribs had arrived at 3pm that day and it was too late for him to have time to slow cook the ribs for the evening rush. We had the pulled pork instead and the portion size was BIG! The second trip there I had the ribs and they were well done and flavorful. There are several sauces to choose from depending on your taste. I had the BBQ Bold sauce that was a sweeter sauce.