“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Carolina Ribs on the Run - CLOSED

Carolina Ribs on the Run
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mt. Ulla
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Ribs on the Run has the most tender, best tasting BBQ in Mooresville and surrounding area! They not only have great food, but a wonderful atmosphere where the owner is friendly and personable. He is good at remembering faces and always thanks you for returning to patronize his establishment. I highly recommend this restaurant! Their BBQ beans are so delicious as is everything I've ever ordered. Well worth the trip down Brawley School Rd. to dine here!!

Northbrook, Illinois
“Ribiculous! A Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

So, after reading the reviews here, I called to see how hard it would be to get a party of 5 in, and the owner (Randy) answered the phone, to say they only had 3 2-toppers, but we could push them together, no problem. So, the place is nearly impossible to see from the road, and you can't make a left into the mall where it is, so even if you see it, it's a trick to get in. The place is a hidden GEM - well worth the trouble of finding. Of course, if you don't want to try, they are VERY happy to deliver to all of Mooresville.

They have 8 BBQ sauces to choose from, including a Hootersesque Hot BBQ, a very lively Raspberry Habanero, as well as an assortment of more-standard sauces honoring all the BBQ Meccas (Honey for Chicago, Golden (Mustard-based) for Carolina, Hickory for Texas, etc.) I went with the Golden, as that is what Carolina BBQ is known for. The sauce was not spicy at all, but there was a peppy rub that ribs were cooked with, that added just enough heat to let you know you're alive. The texture was excellent - not dry, not fatty, don't ask for a knife-style, fall-off-the-bone good. I always hear Myron Mixon talk about the perfect bite, and I asked Randy about that, and he said that is because competition-style ribs are smoked. That's how Carson's (my home-town favorite) does it. CRotR pressure steams the ribs, so that's why they fall off the bone, even though they are cooked perfectly. Whatever - I'm no expert, but these were some really good ribs. The schedule for the group I was with had us coming in rather early, so none of us were particularly hungry, but the food was so good (my diningmates had the grilled chicken sandwich and the tenders) that we all ate well beyond capacity.

The waffle fries were tasty, and the hush puppies were OK.

I don't get to NC often, and I don't know if I'll ever be back to Mooresville. But, if I am, I know I will be back for these RIBICULOUS ribs!

• Visited August 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Found this place on Trip Advisor and decided to take my parents here for a quick lunch as I headed back to Raleigh. They are local and I had been in town visiting, and they LOVE barbeque. Well, all I can say is that we were NOT let down. The quality of the food was absolutely outstanding. Is it a little more expensive that your typical NC BBQ place? Yes. Was it worth it in comparison to those typical BBQ places? Absolutely. The ribs were some of the best I've ever had (and I'm a huge rib snob), the mac and cheese was to die for--by the way, to the earlier reviewer who said the mac and cheese was like "Kraft"--let me just say I would buy up all the shares of Kraft I could find if that was the case. It's not Kraft.

The owner was very personable and eager to ensure we were happy with lunch.

We'll be back...this place is awesome, and I don't use that term often.

FLA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value and tasty.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We ordered the pulled pork sandwiches and ribs with mac & cheese, BBQ beans, and potato salad. The sandwiches had a large helping of tender meat that was mixed with the sauce of our choice. The ribs had great flavor. We found the Hot BBQ sauce to be outstanding. The honey BBQ sauce was good, but as with all sauces it really is a matter of individual taste. The BBQ beans had a good mix of flavors. The mac & cheese was creamy. The potato salad was good.

1 Thank NFLA
Grand Rapids, MI
“Great Ribs for Takeout”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I had researched this spot for our week on Lake Norman. We kept it for our final night so we wouldn't have to cook, deal with dishes, etc. Shame on us because we should have eaten their more times!! Geat Ribs with choice of sauces ---something for everyone. The ribs are meaty, fall off the bone, and messy. Just the way ribs should be in my opinion! Gave us lots ot laugh about as we would look at each other with sauce all over our mouths! Nice selection of sides for all---there were five of us this trip. Also, chicken tenders for those non-rib lovers/children. Or, you could just get larger orders of sides like mac and cheese for younger ones. We all had different sauces and shared of course! The favorites turned out to be the honey BBQ and the Smokey BBQ sauces. All the sides were eaten and everyone loved 'em! Great way to end our NC vacation week! Thanks from MI visitors!!!!