“Not a bad option”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Mooresville
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is a Hampton right off 85. It is not the most current style Hampton Inn - but also not like the older motel style properties. In other words it's nicer than some of the old highway Hamptons but not like the most recent properties.

It seems bigger than the usual Hampton and has two elevators. It is nicely kept up with nice interiors and nice hallways.

I had a two room suite. It was good sized - not really what I would call large but not small. Definitely better than a basic room. Had a full kitchen, the bathroom sink was outside the shower and toilet so much easier for two people.

The hotel faces the interstate so get room on back side away from interstate to have less noise.

There is lots of parking and it is located in an area with lots of hotels, food and stuff.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Vicky G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We truly appreciate your kind remarks and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will be back to visit in the near future! We Love Having You Here!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman

Reviewed April 9, 2014

A very peaceful place away from home. Right in the heart of things to do! Staff were very knowledgeable and took care of all our needs. Breakfast was wonderful. The best cookies in town - they were so sinful. If you have to be away from home - this is the place to be.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for staying with us and we can't wait to see you again in the future. We Love Having You Here!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This hotel is easily accessible off I-77 with a number of restaurants in the area. It has recently been remodeled and the bugs are not yet all resolved. We dealt with noisy and/or non-functioning air conditioning and missing furniture. We had reserved three rooms there, and all of us found some "bug" in ours. For example, one room (a very large one) was missing furniture - only a king bed and desk, with no easy chair or anything else to sit on--also no tissues. Another room had an air conditioning unit that appeared "possessed" - it would randomly go from 58 degrees to 74 degrees and periodically sounded like a jet engine. We found it was also quite noisy - rooms do not appear well-insulated from noise within the hotel - lots of doors banging and guests in adjacent rooms were clearly audible. On the plus side, it has a nice patio/arbor area behind the hotel to sit and chat. However, I've seen lots of Hampton Inns that were far more comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you staying with us. I apologize you did not have a good experience with the AC unit in your room. We have a fantastic maintenance team who works very hard to resolve any issues such as this. We have finally completed our room renovations. During this difficult time, we did have a few rooms that were short a chair as we were waiting on the truck to deliver. But I'm happy to inform that all of those "bugs" have been fixed and we are back to normal. I hope you will try us again in the future. We Love Having You Here!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Clean, excellent service, awesome pillows. Quiet and all the amenities that one would need for business or pleasure. Have refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms and food items for purchase if you just want to stay in your room. Also nice touch to have a manager's reception if you want a bit of socializing. Cookies are good too!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Newly renovated with modern designed rooms. Extremely comfy beds with free wifi. I actually stayed at the Hilton in Southpark the next night but would have preferred to stay at this hotel. Will stay again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were in Mooresville on business and being an HHonors participant, I looked for a Hilton property in Mooresville just because I always find dependable results. This hotel exceeded my highest expectations. I made specific requests for room location and contents. When I arrived, those requests were met. The Desk Clerk was cheerful, efficient, and genuinely interested in ensuring my expectations were fully met. Now to the property itself. The hotel is conveniently located just off of Interstate 77 but far enough to not be bothered by road noise. The hotel is under renovation at the moment. I knew this because of the signs posted everywhere. However, since I arrived just before the work was stopped for the day and left the next morning before the work began again, I was not disturbed by any construction noise. Additionally, there was no evidence of any construction except for the work trailers in the back parking lot. The facilities were the best I have experienced in my many stays at Hilton properties. The lobby was bright, comfortable, inviting, with a fireplace with fire burning. The breakfast was hot and delicious. There were no packaged breakfasts to heat up in the microwave like some Hampton Inns. The room was large with two wardrobes with plenty of hangers to accommodate our clothing. The bed was wonderfully comfortable! The furniture was comfortable and, a special note, the lighting was adequate and designed for reading! The overstuffed chair just asked to be sat in to read the paper and enjoy a hot cup of tea!! The bathroom was adequately lighted and spotless. When I left in the early morning for my business event, I was fresh, well rested, and well fed! Thank you to the well trained and efficient staff and a great hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Vicky G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I am so happy you enjoyed our property and staff. We pride ourselves in Outstanding Customer Service and Fresh Clean Accommodations. It looks like we are getting it right! Thank you again! We Love Having You Here!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Although the facility is currently under renovation the service and accommodations were up to Hampton Standards. The hotel is in the middle of the activities in and around Mooresville, NC. I would stay at this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for such a nice review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to see you again soon. We Love Having You Here!