“Needs updating”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mooresville
Moravia, United States
“Needs updating”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hotel lobby and staff are outstanding. Very nice to deal with. Rooms on the other hand are very outdated for the high price. Rooms are fairly clean, however we did find some hair on the comforter, and other small things.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank Michael D
Vicky G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for posting a review. I am so glad you were happy with our beautiful lobby and our awesome staff. Our hotel is currently installing new furniture in our rooms for a fresh, new, updated look. We are very excited about it and I know our guests will be as well. ALL rooms should receive new furniture within the next few months. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will return very soon. We Love Having You Here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 26, 2013

A quick on and off on interstate 77. Quiet location with a tropical look. Staff was very friendly and efficient. Room was clean and the bed was wonderful. Room was very clean and order free. Loved the recliner chair. Cookies at night and an early breakfast then on the road again. There were also nice restaurant close by.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you so much for posting a review. We appreciate your business and hope you can come back to visit very soon. We Love Having You Here!
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 21, 2013

First, the positives: The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly. I am a road warrior, and I can attest to both of these and would be ok if I had to stay here again. In typical hampton style, the breakfast is fine and the common areas clean and somewhat updated. I was given an upgrade to a suite, which had a second room that was spacious. Managers reception during the week, but I was not back early enough.

Negatives: The hotel rooms have clearly not been updated since the hotel opened 15+ years ago (short of the new flat screen tvs). The furniture is old wood, the bathrooms are worn white particleboard tops (not granite). I haven't seen a hampton with this furniture in quite a few years, like 3-4 national renovations ago. There were few power outlets not in good locations, and the comforter was lumpy. Also, it was an expensive rate.

Suggestion to travelers: Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn or Homewood suites a 2 exits south on 77 near Davidson college. They are much nicer rooms and (at least on my corporate rate), are $20+ cheaper! If you have to stay here, don't fret, its a clean room, just nothing to be excited about

Suggestion to hotel: great staff--keep up the good work, but the rooms need an upgrade and/or a price reduction. There is no reason for this hotel to be 20%+ more expensive than the davidson hotels which are a lot nicer and less than 5 miles away. I will not be returning to this hotel until those happen.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank nkimmel
Vicky G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. While we appreciate your kind words, we are very sorry for your experience. We are currently working on improving our guest rooms; please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We hope to have another chance to serve you in the future. We Love Having You Here!
Peoria, Illinois, USA
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Everything was pretty basic, and the room was pretty small. I don't know what other hotels are priced in that little area, but they're all right next to one another. Next time I would probably pick a different hotel. Our room was mostly clean, but you can tell its older. The breakfast was well set up and had quite a bit of options. Though, there were some issues; When we checked in, I felt whoever it was checking us in was a little rude to us and seemed very rushed. I had to clean off lipstick off of a blow dryer in the bathroom. The shower didn't have any place to set shampoo and the like and looked like it should be in a dorm. The carpet was fraying in some spots, and the bed was lumpy with not a lot of support. We were also placed right next to a maintenance room, so we heard a lot of banging and clunking, and some workers talking loudly to one another in the hallway, which I forgot to mention in my review on the Hampton site. This is all in a suite. I know all of these problems are small, but they added up pretty quickly. Honestly, I would expect all this at a lower rent motel. Granted, Hampton isn't really meant to be a fancy establishment, but still, I paid almost 300 for a two night stay and it was not at all worth that price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JinxieJanx
Vicky G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I apologize that you were not happy with your stay. Our hotel is currently installing new furniture in our rooms for a fresh, new, updated look. I'm sure the banging you heard was from the new furniture installation and I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. However, the contractors have a strict schedule and are not allowed to begin before 9:00am and must be finished by 5:00pm. I will monitor them to be sure they are sticking to their "No Noise" schedule. Our Hampton Inn & Suites in Mooresville is in the top 5% of all Hamptons in the nation for Overall Service. We pride ourselves in Outstanding Customer Service. I hope you will decide to try us again in the future. We Love Having You Here!
Tecumseh, Michigan
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We recently stopped for a nights stay while traveling home to MI and were really impressed by this hotel. The rooms were very clean, nice televisions, great and comfortable bedding, and had a wonderful continental breakfast in the morning. I have to say that the people at the desk on arrival were so VERY NICE and friendly which made our stay that much better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lolomill
Vicky G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for posting such a kind review. We appreciate your business and hope you can come back to visit very soon. We Love Having You Here!
Wadsworth, Ohio
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Hotel was an average Hampton. Slight sewage smell in stairwell. Rooms need updated but outer areas looked beautiful. Front desk personnel were helpful. Average breakfast. More like a 2 1/2 star Hampton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TrueStars119
Vicky G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. We began installing brand new furniture in our rooms on April 1st and the new updated rooms are beautiful. I hope you can stay with us again in the future and experience our newly furnished rooms. The sewage smell was a problem with the Town of Mooresville's lines just down the street from us and this issue has been rectified. Thank you and we hope to see you again very soon!
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We didn't have a reservation and they were almost full and were very helpful with room. This hotel is very close to the expressway which made it really convenient. Would stay here again. I wish I had time to check out Lake Norman because it looks like a very nice area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for posting a review! I am so glad we were able to accomodate you! We truly appreciate your business and hope you will be able to visit with us again very soon! You would LOVE Lake Norman. It is truly a beautiful, fun place to spend the day, the weekend or the week! We Love Having You Here!