“Great service, personable, and clean. However the bedding and mattresses more reminiscent of extreme budget.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mooresville
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Previous stays in Mooresville modest lodgings in including Fairfield Inn and Hampton Inn. Chose Hampton Inn for 2+ week stay Nov 11. Clean, safe, neat, great service. Biggest prob: need new mattresses, pillows, and linens. Great microwave and refrig in room (coffeemaker, well, get fresh coffee 24/7 in the lobby) plus free WiFi. Also for Nascar nuts: SPEED TV a bonus: most hotels with satellite/cable do not offer this channel. Always ask if they honor a NASCAR friends/family rate. It may save a bit of money. Comfy place, we will return praying for upgraded sleeping standards.

Room Tip: no porter: can wheel the cart to the car and get your own luggage. No room service nor restaurant th...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank basbleu2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed in a King room with whirlpool. The room was clean - the whirlpool looked very clean we didn't use it but it looked nice.Plenty of towels and coffee etc. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were nice & white. The bathroom was larger than in many other hotels. There was a big, comfortable recliner for watching TV. & microwave popcorn.
The internet connection was OK. The breakfast was good. It had a nice selection. I enjoyed the real oatmeal with dried fruit and nuts.
We asked for extra pillows and coffee -they were brought to our room without delay.
All the staff were friendly and helpful.
We were given tickets for free drinks in the evening.
The a/c unit was new and quiet.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Newburyport, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 4, 2012

When traveling we always try to stay at a Hampton Inn. This one did not disappoint. It was clean, comfortable and had a nice morning breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GITRNRUP
Atlanta Ga
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We just had another wonderful family weekend racing sailboats on Lake Norman with the Hampton as our base. We got an upgrade to a suite, which meant the kids didn't have to share a bed. Everything was as expected for a Hampton, which means above average and predictable. The breakfast at this location is a bit better than we've had at other Hamptons.

Room Tip: The suites have stove, sink and dishwasher, as well as a pull-out sofa.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jh26
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed here on our way from our home in Canada to Florida. we stayed here again on our way back to Canada.
This is a wonderful place to stay. when we arrived they told us there was a Manager Special evening and gave us beverage tickets for wine or soft drink. they had a small buffet as well, all compliments of the house. The rooms are large, very very clean and well supplied.
the Front desk is efficient and helpful. I highly reccommend this place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Stephen C
VA
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed here for the Race City Soccer tournament and found this to be very nice. The hotel is showing some age but it was very clean and the rooms were very spacious. Lots of Dale Earnhardt pictures. The service was great. We had a suite with a sleeper sofa, mini stove, microwave, fridge, doors shut off two queen beds in bedroom and one bathroom. The beds were comfortable with soft pillows and lumbar support. It is located behind Golden Coral, Charley's, and Hooters. It is near several restaurants of all price ranges, lots of shopping near and it was about ten minutes from soccer complex. Price was very reasonable for the space. ($120 per night).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Vicky G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We have began an update to our furniture so I hope you will be able to stay with us again soon. We Love Having Your Here!!
columbus, ohio
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Rarely would I ever write about a hotel off the freeway - what do you expect to get when you're so tired you can barely stay awake and you're just looking for a warm bed to rest for the night. But then something happened. From the moment I checked it to the moment I left, I was treated like royalty. Mary at the front desk helped me get the best rate she could find and it was even better than the one on the web! The room was just as clean as any 5 star hotel and the bed was equally as comfortable. The fruit and cookies at check in were a nice touch. The breakfast was just fine and had a good variety from which to choose.

I left my glasses at the hotel and they called me that day to let me know. Rarely has that ever happened - the calling me part that is. Usually, I spend endless hours of frustration waiting for someone to transfer me to security only to be told the housekeeping staff is not done cleaning the rooms.

Anyway, I was driving to Myrtle Beach and decided to stay again at this hotel on my drive back. You would have thought that I was at my family reunion. Tonya had put my glasses in the same room I had a few nights earlier and greeted me with a hug! You've got to love that Southern hospitality.

Before I left, Michelle packed a few freshly baked, chocolate chip cookies for me to hold me over until my next stop.

This truly was a great place. And it was all because of the people.

Room Tip: Get the upgraded room with the whirlpool
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo