“Skip the breakfast”

North Carolina
“Skip the breakfast”
Reviewed March 20, 2007

Reviewer: Trip Advisor Fan

I stayed at this hotel for three nights to visit my family while on the way to my next work assignment. The location was very convenient, and the room was clean and comfortable, but the lighting was not adequate to work at my computer. The desk chair was not suitable either. The lights flickered periodocally.

The bed was comforable but the pillows were flat. The room included a small refrigerator, microwave and television which were nice additions. Breakfast was included and featured pre-made waffles and pancakes, dry cereal, instant hot cereal, bagels and English muffins. The coffee was good, but there was no juice in the juice dispenser. I decided not to eat my breakfast when I found a hair on my waffle.

The price and location make this hotel quite desirable, just skip the breakfast and eat at one of the many conveniently located restaurants.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AirportSpaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed June 24, 2006

DO NOT SECURE A ROOM HERE WITH A CREDIT CARD! Called on Friday night and asked if a room was available for Saturday ,. Told yes, put on hold several times, but reservation was finally made and credit card number given to secure it. Arrived Saturday as planned at 5pm and paid with traveler check. Next morning at check out was told by the manager that I was being charged on my credit card for Friday night because my reservation had been for Friday. I expalined that I had called from Cleveland Ohio on Friday afternoon, etc. He informed me that his staff was "highly trained" and never made mistakes and that he had already charged the room and there was nothing I could do about it.He refused to even ask the woman who had made the reservation, because I had chatted with her and thought she might remember the call. He told me people are constantly claiming the reservation date was wrong on the computer and that was IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Do NOT give this hotel your credit card number. The manager is a crook!

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Portland
Reviewed October 15, 2005

I stayed at Ramada Limited for the race and I really enjoyed it. The staff was very helpful and rooms were in great clean condition. The price was reasonable and the hotel had Internet Access. The breakfast in the morning was a great touch. I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank Dan1123
Reviewed July 26, 2005

we were here for our sons graduation in May. staff was very helpful and room was clean and comfortable. would refer to any familiy

• Stayed May 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed August 29, 2004

I was due to stay here for 4 nights while visiting my son. It was reasonably priced, and i had no expectations other than a clean, comfortable room. Upon entering my room and putting away my belongings, i saw that the bath tub looked rather dirty. It looked like it has never been cleaned. At first i thought it was stained, but after further examining it, it was not only stained, it WAS DIRTY. Sitting on my bed and watching t.v ,i had a spider web drop off the ceiling and on to me. (There were many) I guess that would not have bothered me so much but with a dirty shower/tub and a room that is not cleaned very well, it gets kind of creepy.
The straw that broke the camel's back was the bed. The matress pad , if you can call it one, was a very thin piece of something laying on top of the matress.It moved around in the bed, the sheet kept on comming off and so i had a terrible nights sleep on an uncomfortable bed. I got my money back, and got the heck out of there. The manager told me he rents that room every night and has never had a complaint.I find that very hard to believe.

• Stayed August 2004, traveled on business
6 Thank lvs2travel
Reviewed July 6, 2004

Stayed at Ramada Limited in June 2004. Although the room was cheap ($52 with a coupon), it was still over-priced. The exterior of the building was recently remodeled, but unfortunately, the room had the look of an old, old motel with some cosmetic changes (new carpet, new bedspreads). In the morning, the pool area had beer cans and trash left on the tables from the night before.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member