“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Mooresville
Lexington, KY
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed June 18, 2009

The room was very clean. The hotel was in a nice location. The breakfast was not all that but for the value of the room who could ask for anything more.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I'm not sure if others are receiving certain, special CLEAN rooms other that the one I stayed in; but, the room I stayed in was awful. There was a roach in the bathroom, not to mention that the floors in the bathroom had not been cleaned. There were all kinds of bodily hairs in the bathroom and in the sink upon arrival and the shower curtain was mildewed. The pillows were dirty and yellowed; the sheets were coming off the bed. The air conditioner did not work at all and there were crayon marks all over the walls. The lounge and reception area were kept clean and the staff was friendly; however, the room was intolerable. I was very disappointed and will certainly not stay again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank voyage42
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I've done several reviews of the property. We've stayed here for years, usually twice every year for the race at Concord. They started doing some minor renovations a couple of years ago. New shower curtains and rods. Painted. The furniture has needed to be replaced for quite some time but it just hasn't happened. The carpet is worn. The breakfast is just not a breakfast.

This trip was probably our worst in all these years...and I mean we've stayed here for 20 years. There were actual burn holes in the blankets. The staff had to know when they put these on the bed.

I think we will finally be looking for another property for our two annual trips.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank lishus
Staten Island NY
Reviewed May 12, 2009

I always look forward to staying at the Ramada in Mooresville because it has become my home away from home. I can always depend on a clean, refreshing room where I can relax and enjoy some free time on my vacation. It is close to everywhere I want to go, and having a micro-fridge is essential, since I stay for nearly a week at a time. Mr. Dipen Patel has been extremely kind and accommodating and I always feel secure that if a need arises, he will help me--whether it's information, directions, or an extra pack of coffee, he and the front desk staff have been like family to me over several years. I plan on many more stays at this Ramada.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
charlotte, NC
Reviewed February 27, 2009

i usually stay at holiday inn for my trip to mooresville, but they were completely booked. i contacted ramada inn, which happens to be right next door. Good service, clean rooms and comfy pillowtops. also 25% cheaper.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Florida
Reviewed July 3, 2007

After reporting to the Desk Clerk that our room had an unsanitary bathroom and requesting that the Owner/Franchisee contact us we heard nothing. We contacted Ramada Corporate who responded within two days and advised us that they would have the Mooresville, NC Ramada get back to us.

No such luck. Never heard from the Owner/Franchisee.

Note: The bathroom floor was not clean, a 3 out of 10.
The toilet was extermely filthy a 1 out of 10.

Look elsewhere to stay.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank Silver_Sleuth
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 29, 2007

LIMITED !?!?

You can say THAT again.

Where to start ? WHERE TO START ?!?!

No closets. I don't mean closets that were too small, I mean there are physically NO CLOSETS. You get a rack which they've screwed into the bathroom wall.

The phone cord from the handset to the base falls out every time you pick up the phone. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Did I mention the cord falls out ?

Our third night (meaning they were already into us for $150 for the first two nights), the toilet would not flush. The rusted chain in the tank connecting the handle to the flapper had disintegrated. When the teenybopper at the front desk told me WE HAD TO MOVE to another room, I made it clear that we'd move but I WOULD NOT PAY FOR THAT NIGHT.

We already paid for two nights and their solution for us not being able to FLUSHHHH, was to say "MOVE!" . For GOD'S sake, all it needed was a .99 cent chain from Kmart. HELL, they could string together 7-8 paper clips and it would work. But NO. The solution is for US TO HAVE TO PACK UP AND MOVE AROUND TO THE OTHER SIDE, NOT JUST A ROOM OR TWO DOWN.
And apparently BE GRATEFUL !

No, I repeat, NOOOOO MAINTENANCE STAFF to call upon to fix the chain. I ASKED !

I was told by the teenybooper that SHE'D try to fix the toilet .

" Let me see the manager." He won't be here until tonight.

Toilet was eventually fixed but only after taking my stand, refusing to move, refusing to pay... they called the manager in from his slumber I assume.

GOD FORBID you should walk around in what were once WHITE sweat socks. The filth from the rugs turned them dark brown.
DARK BROWN.

Hey You ! You the reader ! Are you sitting ?

Guess what the night table on the right side of the bed is ? A REFRIGERATOR ! Not a TABLE but an ice-box.
Not only do they use the refrigerator as a night stand, it opens the OPPOSITE way from the bed.

Then we have the ants, spiders.

Dank musty odor which was made worse by the cheap air fresheners they used to cover it up.

Met a woman walking through the parking lot who said she stayed at this Ramada a few days and couldn't stand it. She moved out and took a room at the Holiday Inn which is immediately next door. GENIUS move.

Resist the somewhat cheaper price of this dump and ENJOY yourself at a decent, pleasant hotel for a few bucks more.

We made a mistake; no need for you to do the same.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Arriving
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple