“About what you expect”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is your typical Quality Inn. Nothing fancy, just a regular motel. I've stayed here a couple of times and my rooms are always clean and everything works. It's located right in downtown Monroe and near restaurants, gas stations, and anything else you may need while traveling. The person at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. I will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
nc441, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

I would like to start by saying thank you for taking the time out to give us your input on our property. I'm extremely pleased to hear that you are a repeat guest and that as such you've always found your accomodations to be clean and everything to be in working order. We've recently implemented a preventitive maintenance program as well as revised detailed housekeeping program. By the sound of your review, these new revisions are working. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again if you're ever in the area.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

great location for Carolina Medical Center if you have a relative there. Lot's of store and a large dollar store next store. Like fish, check out the fish place across the street from hotel food was really great. Hotel check in was easy. Attendant she was very helpful. We were tired from long drive from Maryland, so she gave us a great recommendation for a Chinese place call Zhong. Food was awesome, chicken wings hugh and crispy. The breakfast was not so great-lacked food supply. Afraid to take second's, someone may miss out. Rooms noisy from cars on highway. Bathroom door need repairing and couldn't close bathroom door, to small in there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I greatly appreciate your honesty. I'm sorry to hear that we didn't quite meet all of your expectations during your stay with us. The goal is to satisfy every guest, every time. I will definitely speak with our breakfast attendant in an effort to ensure that our bar is consistantly replenished. We've also added a few additional items to ensure that we have more of a variety. As for the noise....we are located directly off of the highway and at times this can be a bit of an issue; but I'll speak with our maintenance dept. and see if there's anything that we can do to minimize/eliminate the noise level. We are steadily incorporating our preventive maintenance plan and hope that by the time you get a chance to visit us again, your review will no longer read Good/Fair. Again, thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We value your input as well as your business!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The front desk person was nice but the minute we walked in and turned on the light there was a cockroach!!! That is NOT something you want to see the second you walk in to the room your sleeping in all night long...
Apparently, there is nothing they do about their bug problem...
Also, there is a stain on one of the sheets and it smells terribly of smoke, it's bothering me and I am a smoker myself!! I only smoke outside so it is really bothering me.

We will NOT be spending another night here, we will be changing motel rooms tomorrow night. It's 12:30am right now and we are just too tired to find another motel tonight.

Not a very nice place...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The staff was nice at check in, and if I needed anything they were eager to meet my needs. Older hotel which cou ld use some updating, but everything was clean and in usable condition. I prefer entry door to be interior, but this was exterior entry. I did not feel frightened at all in this location even with the exterior doors.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2012

It is an older hotel so there are likely to be some problems. we were only staying one night so we weren't looking for a lot of extra annenties. There was a refrigerator and microwave. the room had a hair dryer - but it did not work. Luckily, my friend was smart enough to bring her hair dryer. The beds were comfortable and each bed had three pillows. there was not a table in the room, which I thought was strange since a lot of people eat in their rooms. There was not a fan in the bathroom. Overall, I was happy with my stay. Great location. Walmart was right across the street, as well as a Steakhouse. Local tavern in walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2012

The hotel smelled of a mixture of damp clothes, cigarette smoke and body odor. It appeared the room had seen it's share of late night parties as the door to the bathroom had been busted and repaired with multiple screws buried into the door frame. The emergency light had a bulb that was busted out. Book early and somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Stephandjeff3609
nc441, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

I am extremly sorry to hear about your experience at our property. Unfortunately, due to the constant flow of travelers, an isolated instance such as this one has the potential of occurring. We do everything in our power to make sure that these types of incidents are are a rarity and take the appropriate measures to remedy the situation. I can assure you that since your stay room 120 has been professionally treated and rented multiple times without incident.

Again, I sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience and would love to speak with you in an effort to try and make this right....

Kindest Regards,
Management

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Let me start by saying that I am not a hotel snob. I stay in Days Inns, Best Westerns, Microtels, and have stayed at other Quality Inns. This particular one did not meet my expectations.
The motel was supposedly recently remodeled. I find that hard to believe when there were stains on the couch, grout missing in the tub area, a leaky tub faucet, a shabby coverlet on the bed and a deadbolt on my door that did not work properly. My son was upset about this last item and insisted we push the coffee table in front of the door.
I must say it has been some time since I checked into a hotel at 9pm and had to speak to the desk clerk through a window. That should have been my first clue that my choice of hotels had not been the best.
Next visit to see my family I will make reservations at the Best Western which is slightly more expensive, but from what I've read here seems to be worth it (and it's right next door).

Room Tip: Smokers tend to congregate outside in the parking areas since the rooms (at least on the 1st floor w...