“Not Great...”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Monroe
Monroe, North Carolina
“Not Great...”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The front desk person was nice but the minute we walked in and turned on the light there was a cockroach!!! That is NOT something you want to see the second you walk in to the room your sleeping in all night long...
Apparently, there is nothing they do about their bug problem...
Also, there is a stain on one of the sheets and it smells terribly of smoke, it's bothering me and I am a smoker myself!! I only smoke outside so it is really bothering me.

We will NOT be spending another night here, we will be changing motel rooms tomorrow night. It's 12:30am right now and we are just too tired to find another motel tonight.

Not a very nice place...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bonneau, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The staff was nice at check in, and if I needed anything they were eager to meet my needs. Older hotel which cou ld use some updating, but everything was clean and in usable condition. I prefer entry door to be interior, but this was exterior entry. I did not feel frightened at all in this location even with the exterior doors.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2012

It is an older hotel so there are likely to be some problems. we were only staying one night so we weren't looking for a lot of extra annenties. There was a refrigerator and microwave. the room had a hair dryer - but it did not work. Luckily, my friend was smart enough to bring her hair dryer. The beds were comfortable and each bed had three pillows. there was not a table in the room, which I thought was strange since a lot of people eat in their rooms. There was not a fan in the bathroom. Overall, I was happy with my stay. Great location. Walmart was right across the street, as well as a Steakhouse. Local tavern in walking distance.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2012

The hotel smelled of a mixture of damp clothes, cigarette smoke and body odor. It appeared the room had seen it's share of late night parties as the door to the bathroom had been busted and repaired with multiple screws buried into the door frame. The emergency light had a bulb that was busted out. Book early and somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Stephandjeff3609
nc441, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I am extremly sorry to hear about your experience at our property. Unfortunately, due to the constant flow of travelers, an isolated instance such as this one has the potential of occurring. We do everything in our power to make sure that these types of incidents are are a rarity and take the appropriate measures to remedy the situation. I can assure you that since your stay room 120 has been professionally treated and rented multiple times without incident.

Again, I sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience and would love to speak with you in an effort to try and make this right....

Kindest Regards,
Management
Ball Ground, Georgia
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Let me start by saying that I am not a hotel snob. I stay in Days Inns, Best Westerns, Microtels, and have stayed at other Quality Inns. This particular one did not meet my expectations.
The motel was supposedly recently remodeled. I find that hard to believe when there were stains on the couch, grout missing in the tub area, a leaky tub faucet, a shabby coverlet on the bed and a deadbolt on my door that did not work properly. My son was upset about this last item and insisted we push the coffee table in front of the door.
I must say it has been some time since I checked into a hotel at 9pm and had to speak to the desk clerk through a window. That should have been my first clue that my choice of hotels had not been the best.
Next visit to see my family I will make reservations at the Best Western which is slightly more expensive, but from what I've read here seems to be worth it (and it's right next door).

Room Tip: Smokers tend to congregate outside in the parking areas since the rooms (at least on the 1st floor w...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I do not know why some of the people on this web are complaining about smell and flies. If they didn't like it so much then you should of just left the hotel within 5 min and get their money back, they will gladly refund your money as their goal is to satisfy their guest. I ve been a regular customer of this hotel for the past 5 years and I stay here when I come to see my kids. This hotel has went through a major renovation and changes. You can see their new pics on the web. The staff and service is excellent, specially the new breakfast. The price they charge is prefect for what they offer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Newark
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Came in from NJ and I did not like my experience at the Quality Inn. The 1st room had an unpleasant smell and had bugs, (spiders & flies). After complaining, I was given another room at the other end of the hotel. Guess what? It was worst than the first room. This room had "unclean" sheets and towels. I checked out and went to Best Western which is right behind the Quality Inn and what a difference for the better.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Monroe
Hampton Inn Charlotte / Monroe
Relax Inn Monroe
Relax Inn Monroe
#6 of 8 in Monroe
Days Inn Monroe Near Matthews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!