Big Bob Gibson's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe this place is still around!? My experiences with this place has gotten Worse over the years and I will not be returning!! Food not good, Poor Grade, Dirty Everything and somehow with nobody dining they still get the order wrong?

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was looking for some good BBQ while in town and Big Bob Gibson was recommended. Great BBQ and fish platters.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Big bob gibson's is a chain known for good food. Good BBQ and ribs especially. (Duh) . We walked in just after 7 pm (dinner time) greeted by a friendly server, seated us promptly. We were one of the only few customers in the whole restaurant. There were only two servers on. I didn't even see a bartender. It took a few minutes for our server to greet us at our table, but she did. She was nice and super friendly, although she wasn't knowledgeable about the menu or real prompt about anything but getting our food out to us. Here is the surprise to this ghost town of a restaurant- Our food couldnt have been any more perfect. My husband had Fall off the bone ribs, which he loved! I had a sirloin cooked to a medium perfection, perfect grill marks, with just enough seasoning. The steak was delicious. Both entrees had two sides, hushpuppies, and onion rings. I chose a baked potato, and Mac and cheese. The proportions were larger than other restaurants. There wasn't a real steak selection, though. All they had were one size sirloin cooked different ways. No real complaints here about the atmosphere, service, or food. What was odd to me, was how dead the restaurant was at dinner time. How is this restaurant still open with only enough business for two servers open? It felt awkward for us being the only ones there. It is definitely worth it

Reviewed July 30, 2013

No surprise there is a difference between Northern and Southern BBQ, Drove 30 miles to try Big Bob Gibson's after seeing a commercial on TV. It was worth the drive. The baby back ribs were fall off the bone tender and flavorful. The sauce did not overpower the the taste of the rib. The pulled pork was moist and tender, but not mushy as I have found in some places. The corn on the cob was seasoned and sweet. My only complaint was the hush puppies - couldn't quite figure out the taste, and my jack and ginger was watery. I would definitely make the drive again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

waitress did not know the wine menu but was very helpful and friendly. Ribs were awesome, asked for wet then dry so got a mixture very good so they should add it to the menu! Lots of sides to choose from. My grilled. Orn on the cob was wonderful and a whole cob.