“Good BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
St Augustine
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have read the reviews ummm are we talking about the same place? Or do some people do not understand what BBQ is well let me help. Low and slow smoke can be hot or cold. I read it had a 'little to much smoke" if you do not want BBQ that taste like smoke then go to Taco Bell. I do not get it....
Maybe some have never cooked or eaten "True" BBQ because, there are very few places around that really do smoke it... Hint**** if you do not smell smoke then its not True BBQ another hint if you have 98% of your menu has NON BBQ items then your just a BBQ want a be your really a Diner well... maybe.
Just a quick class on BBQ if you do not see a "smoke ring " and it does not have some sort of smoke taste then maybe go for the Square fish?Or the mystery meat on a taco shell.
This place has good Q

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank jleetw11

Parkersburg, West Virginia
“Best Southern BBQ!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Looking for some authentic southern style BBQ while in the Charlotte area and stumbled on this place. So glad we did! Excellent BBQ, delicious sides (baked beans, slaw, red potato salad and mac and cheese). Good, fast service in a steakhouse type atmosphere. I wish I could have eaten more meals here. Yum!

Charlotte, NC
“If you want food poisioning this is the place to go”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I went to Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Mothers Day 2011 with my family. I am the only one who ate the vineager cole slaw in my group. Went to the doctor and it was confirmed food poisioning. I will never I repeat never go here or recommend anyone else to this place.

• Visited July 2011
Monroe, North Carolina
“Bar-B-Que that should be good!”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Good bar-b-que but the quality is a little inconsistent. I prefer the be beef brisket but have found it fatty from time to time. When you get a good serving it is excellent but from time to time you will get lots of fat. The fries are as good as I have ever eaten. The hushpuppies are definitely some of the best although you only get one albeit a big one. Service is always above average and the staff makes you meal a pleasant part of any evening. The chicken is okay but I have had lots better, the smoked turkey is excellent and the pork is better than average. Big Bob's is on my list of regular visits.

• Visited May 2012
Charlotte NC
“The best smoked turkey”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stopped here on our way to Wilmington and decided to try the smoked turkey breast. We haven't had smoked turkey this good since we were in Texas. If you want to try something other than pork barbecue, you won't be disappointed! The turkey had great flavor, was so moist and tender. We ordered the regular portion size and it was huge. Baked beans and vinegar slaw were both great. Service was good and lunch came out quickly.

• Visited March 2012