“Clean, friendly and just off 74”

Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel is just off noisy highway 74 but is far enough back that it is quiet. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. My only complaint is that the ice maker was right outside my room and people were using it late and night and early in the morning. I would hope that the hotel does something about this.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Dale J
BWMonroeNC, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We appreciate you staying with us and are glad to hear you found the rooms clean and the staff friendly. We apologize for the noisy ice maker right outside your room. Your suggestion is a great idea. We will look into your suggestion to evaluate a location that is more suitable to guests. From all of us here we wish you happy, safe travels!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was my 2nd visit within 30 days to Monroe. Both times I stayed at this Best Western & will plan on continuing stays on upcoming business travels. The rooms are extremely clean and the beds are more comfortable than mine at home! The staff is always friendly with a smile and hello. While traveling alone, I always feel very safe here. It's my home away from home! Thank you Best Western - Monroe, NC

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Toni R
BWMonroeNC, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Toni R, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate you noticing the hard work our housekeeping staff puts in on a daily basis and are so glad to hear you enjoyed the beds! We hope to see you again and wish you happy, safe travels!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was our first stay at this hotel. We were not disappointed! The room was large, clean and comfortable. It had a really good refrigerator and microwave that we took advantage of, saving us from the cost of eating out every night. The staff at every level was professional, courteous and responsive. Nicely appointed with granite in the bathroom, good shower and although I was originally expecting a room with inside access, the door opening to the outside made it more convenient for loading and unloading. Stayed four nights without a single complaint. Quiet, conveniently located near shopping and central between our two adult children's homes. A wonderful oasis to which we could escape after a day spent with active grandchildren!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Harvey L

Harvey L, thank you for your review! We thank you for staying with us and are glad to hear you have found a convenient location. With close access to US 74, US 200, US 601, US 84, and US 75 our guests really enjoy our location. Every room has a mini-fridge and microwave perfect to keep drinks and food cold. We look forward to your return and wish you happy, safe travels!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I came for a few days and spent nearly two months! Staying at the Best Western in Monroe, NC helped me tremendously in what turned out to be a stressful but ultimately successful consultancy for a company in the local area. Knowing I would come back every evening, to a safe, clean and comfortable suite and surrounded by friendly faces meant a lot, especially when away from your home town! I believe that it being a family-owned Hotel really added to the personal service too. The location is also ideal, close to restaurants, an aquatic center, an excellent Gym and many convenient stores. I also got to know a few friends there and hope to see more of them when I return! Thank you everyone for your hospitality and watch out, I'll be back!

Room Tip: They're all good rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Chris C

Chris C, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are glad you felt comfortable during your stay. Our location right across the Monroe Aquatics Fitness Center provides all of our guests the opportunity to get a great work-out. We look forward to your return! We wish you happy, safe travels!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Many motels degrade with time, but not this Best Western in Monroe. Always clean, friendly, and comfortable, each stay is as relaxing as the last, if not more so. I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I come to the south side of Charlotte. Thank you for making me feel like I'm home!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Gopal C

Gopaldas, thank you so much for staying with us. We are glad to hear you are receiving clean, comfortable, and friendly service on a consistent basis. We thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and wish you happy safe travels!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My son and family lives nearby in Wingate NC so when I visit which is several times a year this is my choice of places to stay. I have been staying here for quite a few years now and I must say I am always very pleased! The staff from the Owner to Anna in Group sale, Kelli, Bandana,Deepa,Tammy in reservations and Linda in the Resturuant (hope I didn't misspell any names). They all treat you like they really care about you more then just a guest. The first time i remember staying there was when we arrived late one night after traveling all day. The minute we when inside we were greeted my Kelli with such a warm and polite smile that we knew this was the right place to stay. The rooms are always clean and well furnished. Doing some of our stays we have met a lot of people that frequent here and everyone seems to feel the same!
Thanks to everyone at Best Western for making us feel right at home!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to office are closer to pool!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank onefriendly
BWMonroeNC, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! We are glad you feel welcome and feel at home. Our goal here is to provide a home away from home with conveniences such as digital cable television with free movies on demand, a mini-fridge and microwave in every room, free high-speed Internet access in every room, and a free complimentary breakfast each morning. We appreciate you staying with us and wish you happy, safe travels!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

very clean.well kept,the local was perfect for where we had 2 be,right by the mall, the staff was also great.i never wanted 2 stay there for some reason. but im glad i did. i will return.and the price was right.i will be seeing you guys soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bigdaddywayne

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. We are glad you chose us and found a great value and location for your lodging needs in Monroe, NC. We hope to see you again and happy, safe travels to you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Hampton Inn Charlotte / Monroe
Relax Inn Monroe
Relax Inn Monroe
#6 of 8 in Monroe
Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte

Been to Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe? Share your experiences!