“great place to stay”

Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Our CLEAN suite contained two double beds and a pull out sofa so we had plenty of room for my husband, three kids and me. We didn't eat at the complimentary breakfast buffet, but I can't say enough for their customer service. Our tub drain was broken so that it wouldn't hold water for a bath our first night. I called the front desk and the staff had it fixed before my son's bath time the following evening. GREAT location for shopping and dining. Also, if you're in the area you MUST try the smoked turkey that can be found in the neighboring town of Marshville at Stegall Smoked Turkey (6608 East Marshville Blvd). We bought extras to carry home to our extended family, too.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed March 21, 2008

I am not sure that I can add more than pianomansmom already said. Very nice rooms, very clean, inside and out. I sometimes worry staying alone with outside corridors, but was not here.

Staff very knowledgeable about the area and things to do.

Breakfast was very nice, normal hotel fare, cereals, muffins, fruit, oatmeal, bagels but had extra in sausage biscuits, boiled eggs, waffle maker.

The Japanese restaurant was really good!! We will be going back tomorrow for lunch as well!!

Anytime we are back in the Monroe area, or don't HAVE to stay closer in to Charlotte, this is where we will be.

Oh yeah, pillow top beds too.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2008

We needed a room for myself, my wife and my 14 year old son for one night in the Wingate University area. We traveled from New Jersey to watch a lacrosse game at Wingate. Looking at the hotels listed on Trip Advisor we decided this hotel would be best. We were not disappointed! Room was clean, bathroom was clean, breakfast was great. I will stay here again. Two queen beds in the room worked perfectly for us. We did not use the pool since the weather (in February) was not warm enough.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2007

My son and I stayed here recently while visiting Wingate University. We had two rooms, a "suite" and a regular room with two queen beds. The cost was minimal for the size of the rooms. A note to Wingate parents--ask for the "Wingate University Parent Rate". The rooms are nicely furnished and very clean. Although we were placed on the first floor with outside entrances, close to the ice machine, I heard little or no outside noise. The most important thing to me when I travel is the cleanliness of the property. This property does that and more. The rooms were immaculate, the staff nice and friendly and the housekeeping staff very particular. Several weeks before, we had stayed at another hotel in the Matthews area while my son was auditioning at the school. While nice, it was advertised as a full suite. When we arrived there was a half wall dividing the bed and the sleeper sofa area, not good for a mom and son. The cost was twice the price I paid for the Best Western suite and the Best Western suite was much larger and nicer. If you'll be in Monroe, try the Best Western. It's off the highway which makes exiting and entering much easier, but still close to everything. A Wal-Mart and several good chain restaurants are close by, also a shopping center with a movie theatre is right around the corner. I'd also like to recommend a little Japanese restaurant that we tried. It's called Koumi and it's awesome and reasonable. I almost forgot, the free breakfast is good. There aren't any hot items, just pastries, muffins and cold cereal, but there is a microwave where you can heat waffles and sausage biscuits. Give this hotel a try--you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank pianomansmom
Reviewed March 24, 2007

Just returned from a weekend at the Best Western in Monroe, North Carolina, and we enjoyed our stay at the Best Western very much. The rooms are large and nicely furnished. Actually it was like two rooms with an archway in between and a little sitting area when you first go in, with two queen-size beds in back. The breakfast was very nice; four different kinds of cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, different kinds of juice, coffee, hot chocolate and a wide assortment of bread, bagels and muffins. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Glendale, Ca
Reviewed January 8, 2004

I visit Monroe often to visit my daughter at Wingate University and I have stayed at almost all the hotels in the area and this hotel is hands down the best one. The rooms are large and spacious and the staff is absolutely wonderful. They are more than willing to go out of their way to help you and although this hotel is a couple dollars more than others in the area I will never stay anywhere else but here.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Monroe
Relax Inn Monroe
#4 of 8 in Monroe
The Ballantyne, Charlotte
#9 of 180 in Charlotte
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe? Share your experiences!