“Clean, Friendly,Affordable”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Monroe
Racine, Wisconsin
“Clean, Friendly,Affordable”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The hotel and grounds were kept very clean. The room we had was very nice, very large and very clean. The lobby offered fresh coffee and fruit 24hr a day. And the staff was also very friendly. They were helpful with all our needs. It's close to resturants and shopping as well.I would recomend this Best Western for any long term stay as well as an overnighter. We will use them any time we are in the area. Thank You! to all of you at the Best Western Monroe!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank easyrd818
, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you so much from all of the Staff here at the Best Western Inn & Suites of Monroe, NC for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.com! I have also travelled alone and with my family and know how important it is to stay hydrated and nourished when on the road. That's why it's important to me that every room come equipped with a complimentary bottle of water and that our lobby keeps complimentary fresh whole fruit and sweet goodies in the lobby for our guests who may need a snack. We do offer vending as well! I am glad our staff was able to meet your needs while you were here. Thank you for the kind words and happy summer travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Richmond, VA
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The staff is WONDERFUL. They are friendly, pleasant, flexible and helpful. The rooms are clean and quiet. I can't think of a nicer hotel to stay in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us here on Tripadvisor.com! We're glad we could be of help while you were here. We strive to show everyone the best hospitality we can and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay!
Berryville, Virginia
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My daughter and I traveled 7 hours from Virginia, and were pleasantly surprised by the Monroe Best Western. We needed a room at the last minute, and were able to reserve a no pets/no smoking room the day before travel without any trouble. It was after 9:00 p.m. when we checked in, but we still wanted to try out the fitness room and found the elliptical and recumbent bicycle to be in good working order (there was also a treadmill). Although the fitness room was small, it served our purpose as no one else was using it, and there was also a flat screen TV, which was nice. The hotel room was clean and comfortable and we slept well except that the alarm clock went off at 12:09 a.m.! We had tried to set it earlier because we had to get up early the next morning. There were no instructions for the clock, which would have been helpful. The room was equipped with a fridge and micro. The continental breakfast was good. There was a nice array of foods including fresh waffles, and I was pleased to see one of my favorite foods, Oikos Greek Yogurt! We did not get a chance to use the outdoor swimming pool. We did notice that the Monroe Best Western was located conveniently up the street from a shopping center with a Wal-Mart. I would recommend the Monroe Best Western to any traveler needing a clean and comfortable room with a convenient continental breakfast, and the fitness room was a nice plus!

Room Tip: As allergy sufferers, we were happy with our smoke-free/pet free room. Our room on the second floor...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
BWMonroeNC, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your review of your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed our free deluxe continental breakfast, fitness room, and location! Please accept our apolgies for the alarm clock misfire! We hope to see you again! Safe Travels from the Staff here at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites of Monroe, NC.
duluth, ga
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Booked the reservation online and was skeptical but was desperate due to the short notice and other perference were sold out....very, very pleasd with the service, cleaniness of the rooms, spacious lobby and breakfast area. The continential breakfast was nice and offered a variety for everyone. The brownies and red velvet mini cup cakes were a nice touch!

• Stayed May 2012
BWMonroeNC, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for your nice review! A pat-on-the-back definitely go out to our housekeepers for working hard every day. A deep-cleaning and preventative maintenance program is key to a clean hotel. UV sanitizing wands that kill 99.9% of harmful germs and blacklight flashlights also help! We use brand name, nationally-recognized cleaning products such as Magic Erasers, Swiffers, and Pledge. I'm glad you noticed our breakfast's variety. We try to offer healthy alterantives to a lot of the breakfast choices, such as low-carb bread, gluten-free cereal, sugar-free maple syrup, Splenda for coffee, and bagel thins for a lower-calorie serving. We want our guests to continue to experience a clean and comfortable stay so it is important we strive to continue our practice of hospitality. We're glad you were pleasantly suprised. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor.com. Happy Travels!
Akron, New York
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Hotel staff and Desk very friendly. Room was spacious and clean. Free pass to the Monroe
Aquatics and Fitness/Gym across street.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BWMonroeNC, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and reviewing us here! Even though we have a well-kept outdoor seasonal pool with salt-water chlorination as well as a small aerobic fitness room on-site, the Monroe Aquatics and Fitness Center just paces across the street is a great place to work out or swim or take a class and much more! We have a limited number of free passes they give us every once in a while to give out randomly to our guests who are work-out enthusiasts. They are a membership-only facility but they allow OUR guests to use the facility just by showing your room key and paying $7.50 per person per day. It's getting hot here for mid-Spring, so come on down and visit us! Thank you kindly, Hilltop2, for your nice review. I and the staff here at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites - Monroe appreciates it!
Morehead City, NC
Reviewed March 4, 2012

At first I was very irritated with Best Western. I called their 800 # and was quoted a price of $114 for a room. by the time their operator asked me hundreds of questions the room was gone and the lowest price available was $132. Since I needed the room but my budget was $100 I was not a happy customer.
My mood began to lift when I walked in the doors. Fresh baked cake and brownies greeted my family along with fresh fruit, hot chocolate and coffee. help yourself, take whatever you'd like. What a pleasure. When we went to the room it was updated, clean and very comfortable. Although I still think the price was too high and the operator should have been able to compensate me by booking the next available room at the same price that had been quoted, the hotel itself was a pleasure. I recommend early booking. Definitely a great place to stay in monroe.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but there are no elevators and the access is outside.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara J
BWMonroeNC, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy you enjoyed seeing our "goodies" we have in our lobby everyday for our guests. When you're traveling, possibly long distances, with different types of access to different foods, we like to offer guests a complimentary selection of fresh, whole fruits at check-in to help them with a little bit of sustainable energy and make them feel at home. But watch out for the brownies, they are a little addictive! I am sorry you experienced elevated rates for our property, which happens a few times in one calendar year for special events. I want to personally thank you for entrusting our property with your family's lodging needs! Happy Travels
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Very clean and good sized rooms. Flat screen Tv's in the rooms. The free breakfast offers sausage sandwiches which I consider a plus. Sleeping was hard to do, because train whistles pierce the quiet city all night long. I could not cover my head with a pillow, because they were hard as rocks. I personally could not stay here again. Very friendly staff. Southern hospitality all the way.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank sammyht
BWMonroeNC, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for your review and for staying with us! I am very sorry for your experience with us, and thank you for the very nice compliments. You are so right and eloquent in explaining Monroe's nightly train. Because the hotel has concrete walls, ceilings, and floors, we are currently evaulating the doors and windows to see if we can better insulate the room on that side of the hotel. I understand your pain as I live two miles away and I, too, when up, can hear the train at night in my bedroom at home. We are also evaluating our pillows' fill level in hopes that this won't happen again. Thank you so much for your feedback as it really helps us by pointing out problems that we can do our best to rectify. Happy and safe travels from the Staff here!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Hampton Inn Charlotte / Monroe
Relax Inn Monroe
Relax Inn Monroe
#6 of 8 in Monroe
Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte

Been to Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe? Share your experiences!