“Friendly and Clean”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Monroe
Akron, New York
“Friendly and Clean”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Hotel staff and Desk very friendly. Room was spacious and clean. Free pass to the Monroe
Aquatics and Fitness/Gym across street.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BWMonroeNC, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and reviewing us here! Even though we have a well-kept outdoor seasonal pool with salt-water chlorination as well as a small aerobic fitness room on-site, the Monroe Aquatics and Fitness Center just paces across the street is a great place to work out or swim or take a class and much more! We have a limited number of free passes they give us every once in a while to give out randomly to our guests who are work-out enthusiasts. They are a membership-only facility but they allow OUR guests to use the facility just by showing your room key and paying $7.50 per person per day. It's getting hot here for mid-Spring, so come on down and visit us! Thank you kindly, Hilltop2, for your nice review. I and the staff here at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites - Monroe appreciates it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Morehead City, NC
Reviewed March 4, 2012

At first I was very irritated with Best Western. I called their 800 # and was quoted a price of $114 for a room. by the time their operator asked me hundreds of questions the room was gone and the lowest price available was $132. Since I needed the room but my budget was $100 I was not a happy customer.
My mood began to lift when I walked in the doors. Fresh baked cake and brownies greeted my family along with fresh fruit, hot chocolate and coffee. help yourself, take whatever you'd like. What a pleasure. When we went to the room it was updated, clean and very comfortable. Although I still think the price was too high and the operator should have been able to compensate me by booking the next available room at the same price that had been quoted, the hotel itself was a pleasure. I recommend early booking. Definitely a great place to stay in monroe.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but there are no elevators and the access is outside.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara J
BWMonroeNC, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy you enjoyed seeing our "goodies" we have in our lobby everyday for our guests. When you're traveling, possibly long distances, with different types of access to different foods, we like to offer guests a complimentary selection of fresh, whole fruits at check-in to help them with a little bit of sustainable energy and make them feel at home. But watch out for the brownies, they are a little addictive! I am sorry you experienced elevated rates for our property, which happens a few times in one calendar year for special events. I want to personally thank you for entrusting our property with your family's lodging needs! Happy Travels
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Very clean and good sized rooms. Flat screen Tv's in the rooms. The free breakfast offers sausage sandwiches which I consider a plus. Sleeping was hard to do, because train whistles pierce the quiet city all night long. I could not cover my head with a pillow, because they were hard as rocks. I personally could not stay here again. Very friendly staff. Southern hospitality all the way.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank sammyht
BWMonroeNC, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for your review and for staying with us! I am very sorry for your experience with us, and thank you for the very nice compliments. You are so right and eloquent in explaining Monroe's nightly train. Because the hotel has concrete walls, ceilings, and floors, we are currently evaulating the doors and windows to see if we can better insulate the room on that side of the hotel. I understand your pain as I live two miles away and I, too, when up, can hear the train at night in my bedroom at home. We are also evaluating our pillows' fill level in hopes that this won't happen again. Thank you so much for your feedback as it really helps us by pointing out problems that we can do our best to rectify. Happy and safe travels from the Staff here!
orange, ca
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights on business and was pleasently surprised. I would stay here again in a second. The room was very clean, spotless actually. The beds comfy and the bathroom was clean. The TV and wifi worked great there is also ethernet for hardline connection. It was quiet and the front desk staff were very nice. The breakfast had plenty of offerings for all. In talking with the front desk it looks like the hotel was redone about 2 years ago or so. Great value for the money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank atomicboy
BWMonroeNC, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you for your kind review! We're very glad you enjoyed your stay and took the time to provide everyone feedback on our property. Our housekeepers work hard to keep everything clean, incorporating routine deep-cleaning practices into their daily cleaning of the guestrooms. One example of this is our daily light shampoo of one guestroom's carpet every morning. We thoroughly dry that carpet then all day with two large floor fans, with our intent to provide everyone a cleaner, fresher floor carpet. We're happy you noticed our updated look and furnishings, with top-down guestroom renovations starting in 2008 and completed in late 2010. We here strive to be in a state of continuous renewal so that we may try to remain a top choice for lodging for the traveler in Monroe, NC.
Leland, NC
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for an extended period (6 weeks minus weekends) while starting a job with a new company. My company was located in Monroe, to it was convenient for me. For your basic, no frills, exterior access door hotel, it was exactly what you would expect. Located close to Hwy 74, but far enough off of it to not hear the traffic all night. The only noise that could be an issue for light sleepers are the train whistles, however that is a problem all along Hwy 74 as there is a major interchange in the area. I just made sure the fan to the A/C unit was on and never really noticed it again.

The beds were comfortable, the pillows (European style) were plentiful and comfortable. TV had plenty of channels to choose from. I was in a 2 queen suite, which is essentially just a longer room with a pull-out couch and chair. Easily could get 2 adults and 3 kids in the room.

Breakfast is the standard continental breakfast: Donuts, Cereal, Waffles, an assortment of Jimmy Dean biscuits. If that doesn't work for you, there are plenty of restaurants that offer breakfast within 1-2 miles either way.

There is a pool (standard hotel pool), but during my stay it was too cold to use. The exercise room consists of a treadmill, recumbent bike, and a stair stepper.

If you are looking for a quick, low-cost, pass through place to crash, I would recommend it. You get what you would expect from this level hotel. If you want a higher quality hotel, you have to go up the road about 10 miles closer to Charlotte.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
BWMonroeNC, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed our 32" LCD TVs and quiet location for your stay here while on business. For aquatics recreation next time you're here, I am glad to announce our standing agreement with the Monroe Aquatics Fitness Center right across the street from us with Monroe's only indoor pool and sauna and steam room. Guests at our hotel have the exclusive privilege of buying one-day passes to this great, membership-only YMCA-style health and fitness center that is a simple stroll across the street!
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We were very pleased with our stay at the Monroe, N.C., Best Western. I made reservations by phone and believe I was given a good rate. The room was very clean and the furnishings were very tasteful. We could not believe that our double queen room had EIGHT pillows. Everyone I spoke with was very pleasant. The pool area was very clean and my husband and I enjoyed lounging in it and eating oure lunch at poolside. The continental breakfast offered a lot of choices, and the woman who managed it was exceptionally friendly. After returning home, I thought I had left something in the room. I called and spoke with a representative. She was very sympathetic and made me feel that she would assist me in finding out if I had indeed left the item. On a further inspection, I found it in a pocket in my luggage and when I called back, she seemed as relieved as I was. I will definitely stay at this location again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
BWMonroeNC, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review of your stay at our property. We are glad you had a nice stay and were able to take advantage of our seasonal outdoor pool. Our pool utilizes a salt-chlorinator versus actual chlorine preventing some of the burning eyes and smell. It is rewarding to our entire staff to hear great comments and we all appreciate your review. Thank you for staying with us!
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Hotel is very clean, beds are extremely comfortable pillow top mattresses, staff is polite and quick to respond to any request. Complimentary breakfast consists of donuts, toast, waffles, fruit, yogurt, eggs, sausage sandwiches, juices. The bathrooms are extremely clean with updated, top notch hardware and countertops. Nice quiet neighborhood close to shops and restaurants. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Handicapp access is also very accomodating.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business and will continue to work hard to be super-clean. You are so right about our location - we are convenient to not only Wingate, NC (10 minutes) but also to Charlotte, NC (20-50 minutes depending on where in Charlotte). Thanks for taking the time to post about us here on Tripadvisor.com!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Hampton Inn Charlotte / Monroe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Monroe
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Monroe
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E
Days Inn Monroe Near Matthews
Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte

Been to Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe? Share your experiences!