“Good family dinner”

Cuisines: Mexican
Charlotte North Carolina
“Good family dinner”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We love coming with the kids here. Great atmosphere and decent prices. They have cut back on the "free" cheese dip so that is kinda disappointing, but overall the food is always good.

• Visited April 2014

Monroe, North Carolina
“Good Food and Good Service”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We consistently get good food and good service. Love the fresh made guac. My mother is a harsh food critic, but she loves this place.

Visited March 2014
Marion, Ohio
“Great Discovery!!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

On our way back from Myrtle Beach, we were getting hungry and just pulled off at the first no-chain restaurant we saw. Looked pretty normal, not very busy, but it was a bit early.

My adult son ordered the burrito special and I order the enchilada and pepper combination. The chips and salsa were good, but pretty normal. The first thing I noticed when the food came was my pepper was not breaded. I thought, great! I don't like the breading and usually have to scrape it off. Then, I started eating. The cheese stuffing in the pepper was way different and better than I've ever tasted. Super flavor. The enchilada was brimming with tender chicken and the sauce was out-of-this-world good. My son agreed his burrito was the best he ever had. The beans and rice sides that came with my combination were very good, but pretty normal.

This will definitely be a must stop on future trips back and forth to Myrtle.

• Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina; but from Arizona
“Good mexican food...”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had lunch on Feb 2nd. Their lunch menu has changed a bit so I tried something different. Had the Poncho's Burrito. It was very good and the price was right. Really enjoyed the fresh pico on the top of the burrito. Also had some XX's, was very nice. Will come back again...

• Visited February 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Your trypical Mexican restaurant in Monroe”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Located on the eastbound side of Highway 74 in Monroe and difficult to get to from the westbound side of traffic, El Vallarta offers your standard Mexican fare served in a standard Mexican restaurant environment by friendly servers who provide standard attention to detail. The food is good but not great. They do provide bean dip along with the standard chips and salsa. I would recommend driving a little further down 74 to La Unica or Monterrey for your Mexican food in Monroe. Nothing special here at El Vallarta.

• Visited August 2012

Been to El Vallarta INC? Share your experiences!